D&D General Dragon Editor-in-Chief Kim Mohan Passes

Kim Mohan, known for work at TSR and Wizards of the Coast, editor-in-chief of Dragon Magazine, author of the AD&D 1E Wilderness Survival Guide, and much more, passed away yesterday aged 73. Kim joined TSR in 1979, and became editor-in-chief of Dragon Magazine in 1989. He joined Gary Gygax's New Infinity Productions in 1986, but later returned to D&D, working on D&D 3E at WotC. He retired in...

Kim Mohan, known for work at TSR and Wizards of the Coast, editor-in-chief of Dragon Magazine, author of the AD&D 1E Wilderness Survival Guide, and much more, passed away yesterday aged 73.

Kim joined TSR in 1979, and became editor-in-chief of Dragon Magazine in 1989. He joined Gary Gygax's New Infinity Productions in 1986, but later returned to D&D, working on D&D 3E at WotC. He retired in 2013.

Industry veterans have been paying tribute to Kim on social media and elsewhere.

cd43773e1ac7429021bb920577aaf0c5-2789645563.jpg
latest-1593402258.jpg

pukunui

Legend

darjr

I crit!
When Wizards of the Coast bought TSR, he and I were part of the group of people who migrated to Washington State to keep working on D&D. He was the developer on Slavers (and he is the one who brought to my attention the “ask-me-in-ten-years secret story” mentioned in that link). And managing editor of the 3e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. And of course he edited and managing-edited about a zillion other things, including the 3E and 3.5 core books, 4E D&D, Amazing Stories magazine, and some 5E stuff. And he designed the 1E AD&D Wilderness Survival Guide, the Cyborg Commando RPG, and more.

Kim helped build much of my childhood and his influence is a treasure.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads