Dragon god: Sardior the Ruby Dragon

Krishnath

First Post
Looks good so far, a few comments though.

Breathweapons: Should be useable once every 1d4 rounds, as with the other dragons.
Spells: You need to change the text to the following, 'Sardior cast spells as a 20th level sorcerer and a 20th level druid.' This is because he has no class levels.
Psionics: Change to 'Sardior manifests psionics as a 20th level psion and has access to all psionic attack and defense modes.'

Also SR and PR are interchangable unless you use the 'psionics are different' optional rule.

Now for the thanes. (Oh joy! :D)
Just make each of them a Great Wyrm of the appopriate type with a DvR of 0 to 5 (Zero should suffice as they are divine servants and not real deities.), also just make them manifest as a 20th level psion, specialized in the field of psionics.

By the way, do you have an answer for the question in my former post in this thread?

Later,

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Krishnath said:
Will do, btw, could you be so kind as to ask Erica, if it is O.K. that I use her Demodragon as a base for a deitification of him?

well, yeah, i guess i could ask her. you're not afraid are you? :)

Krishnath

First Post
No not afraid, I just tend to get nervous when talking to such obviously intelligent women such as her, and I usually end up making an <short word for donkey> of myself.

As for the stats above, you need to add 2 to the attack bonus to make them correct (51 base +20 str -8 size = 63 not 61) But other than that, and what I mentioned in my other post, it looks good.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Awww heck he has no reason to be intimidated by me! I'm just Erica, the down-to-earth hilbilly tomboy gamer girl. :)

And the Demodragon conversion is Scott's, not mine. But if Krish is just going to use it for home use, or to post it to the boards, I don't see why Scott would get mad at that. Besides, he is "borrowing" the demodragon and its picture from the old DnD cartoon anyway. He has no more claim over the name and image than any of the rest of us. He, too, is just a fan. :)

--Erica

Krishnath

First Post
Erica: Thnx! But I was convinced that it was you who 'converted' it, oh well, and yes I will use him for my homebrew, along with sardior and the other converted dragon deities... :D

Boz: I'll give it a looksie...

Edit: Forgot the color closer...

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Just posted an update to the Sardior document. Really, Sardior is not that far from being done – in fact, I think he may be done by next week!

Now that I’ve learned more about the deity creation process, I have a few observations:

Sardior needs another domain to be on the same level as Bahamut and Tiamat. I think I’ll go with one of Krish’s old suggestions and go with the DDG book’s Charm domain. I noticed that none of the standard gods (Greyhawk and nonhuman) use the DDG’s domains, just the Earth-inspired gods. I wonder why?

Also, on reviewing his spellcasting powers, I notice that combined with his psionics, he’s going to have a lot more personal power than his contemporaries. Perhaps if I reduced it so that he had roughly 40 character levels’ worth of power? Maybe a 20th level psion, and 10th level each in sorcerer and druid?

Hmm, I don’t seem to remember why he has 3 breath weapons… maybe that Force one is in there by mistake?

Sardior gets 12 salient divine abilities. How about starting him off with these, and adding one more (don’t forget spell immunity, already included):
Alter Form, Alter Size, Alter Reality, Avatar, Control Creatures (neutral dragons?), Divine Blast, Divine Shield, Extra Domain (TBD), Extra Sense Enhancement (Blindsight), Shapechange

Krishnath

First Post
hmm... Go with the Charm domain, it fit's him...

Now on to the SDA's, IMHO he should have the following:

Alter Reality
Clearsight
Control Creatures (Gem dragons only)
Divine Blast
Divine Shield
Divine Spellcasting/Psionics
Extra Domain (Charm?)
Extra Sense Enhancement (Blindsight)
Increased Damage Reduction (perhaps more than once, he is a GEM dragon after all...)

Ither than that I don't know... But the alter shape/size and shapechange do not fit his personality.

Also, I would consider adding nature to his portfolio. He is a druidic spellcaster after all.

Later,

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
BOZ said:
Also, on reviewing his spellcasting powers, I notice that combined with his psionics, he’s going to have a lot more personal power than his contemporaries. Perhaps if I reduced it so that he had roughly 40 character levels’ worth of power? Maybe a 20th level psion, and 10th level each in sorcerer and druid?

any opinions on this?

Krishnath

First Post
Yes, I do infact have an opinion on this, IMHO I think it is a bad idea as it would tempt certain evil draconic deities (Most notably Tiamat and Falazure) to attack and kill him if his spellcasting power was not larger than theirs. Besides, he's true neutral and doesn't give a rodents behind what the other draconic deities do as long as they keep him out of it, so it wouldn't really be unbalancing. But as I said, that is IMHO. :D

Later,

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Krishnath said:
Yes, I do infact have an opinion on this, IMHO I think it is a bad idea as it would tempt certain evil draconic deities (Most notably Tiamat and Falazure) to attack and kill him if his spellcasting power was not larger than theirs. Besides, he's true neutral and doesn't give a rodents behind what the other draconic deities do as long as they keep him out of it, so it wouldn't really be unbalancing. But as I said, that is IMHO. :D

Later,

ok, if we keep his spellcasting as-is, do we leave the psionic powers that high?

and i was thinking of adding "exploration" to his portfolio. that sort of addresses the "wilderness and discovery" i was thinking of adding.

PS, have you heard that there is supposed to be a 3E version of sardior in print later this month?? do you know if it's wotc official? even if it is, i say we finish this one here - it'll still be our baby. :D

Remove ads