• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon+ Issue 11

The new issue of Dragon+ is here. "Join us for a holiday and crafting special as we roll up our sleeves for a D&DIY extravaganza, showcasing some of the best arts, crafts, and DIY projects inspired by Dungeons & Dragons. We also have an exclusive look at the new Aberrations and Undead deck expansion for Tyrants of the Underdark with Gale Force Nine’s John-Paul Brisigotti, and some special...

The new issue of Dragon+ is here. "Join us for a holiday and crafting special as we roll up our sleeves for a D&DIY extravaganza, showcasing some of the best arts, crafts, and DIY projects inspired by Dungeons & Dragons. We also have an exclusive look at the new Aberrations and Undead deck expansion for Tyrants of the Underdark with Gale Force Nine’s John-Paul Brisigotti, and some special insights into the brand-new Rock Paper Wizard card game with WizKids’ Zev Shlasinger. Then mapmaker extraordinaire Mike Schley talks about the passion and the process that underlie the cartographer’s art. Our look at some of the best D&D-inspired homebrew projects also highlights plenty of resources to get you started on your own D&DIY. Doctor Robert J. Lang and The Paper Magician author Charlie N. Holmberg discuss origami and paper magic, and we look at Wizkids’ new line of Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures as we show you how to bring your own minis to life. And in a blast from the past of Dragon magazine, prepare to craft the ultimate D&D paper castle as we return to the glory and majesty of Great Stoney! All this, plus hints and tips on holiday-themed projects from Wizards’ very own Emi Tanji, the Best of the Dungeon Masters Guild with Jason Thompson’s Priestess, the art of Volo’s Guide to Monsters, and all our regulars like Unearthed Arcana, Maps of the Month, Video & Audio Highlights, and more!"

[h=3]ISSUE 11 FEATURE CONTENT[/h]
  • D&DIY -- We take a look at some of the coolest D&D homebrewed crafts and projects D&D fans have created, with plenty of resources to get you started on your own crafting journey.
  • Volo's Guide to Monsters Concepts -- Just how was the art for Volo's Guide created? The art team of Kate Irwin, Richard Whitters, and Shawn Wood are here with the answers.
  • Dungeon Mapping -- Master cartographer Mike Schley discloses the art and science of great map making.
  • Return to the Steading -- In our latest fiction piece—in this season of giants, we return to the home of the renowned hill giant chieftain.
  • Dragon Magazine Throwback -- Prepare to craft the ultimate D&D paper castle, as we reveal the glory and majesty of Great Stoney!
  • What's in Your Bag? -- We asked you what strange items might be found in a giant's bag? You've surprised and delighted us with your answers.
  • Creating a Cartoon -- Wizards' very own Emi Tanji on how to create D&D holiday-themed arts and crafts.
  • Expanding the Underdark -- Gale Force Nine's John-Paul Brisigotti gives us an exclusive look at the Tyrants of the Underdark expansion decks.
  • Paint by Numbers -- Ever wanted to paint your own minis, but wondered how to get started? Well wonder no more, bring your miniatures to life with this Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures tutorial.

Bupp

Adventurer
This is what a simple copy paste gives me:

d100 Item
1 An angry groundhog.
2 A spool of greasy, fouled rope used as dental floss.
3 A set of nesting dolls in the image of giants, carved of wood (hill), obsidian (stone), ivory (frost), steel (fire), silver (cloud), or coral (storm).

Isn't this what you wanted?

(You do need to use a web browser, you probably can't do this from an app)

I do look at it from the web. I've copy and pasted before, but can't with this issue.

I can't be sure why I can copy w/o issues, but try the RightToClick Firefox extension.

(I have a few extensions to get rid of internet annoyances, and this one is the only one I can think of that could be the one that solves this for me)

I use a Chromebook, so I can't use Firefox. Can't seen to find a Chrome extension to help.

BTW, for those of you wanting to print stuff, if you use the mobile app, you can email any article to your inbox and that emailed article is a pdf which you can cut and paste from. A bit kludgey but, it does work fine.

I reinstalled the app. I can't see how to email an article, but I was able to copy and share it to my email, so that is a workaround for me! Thanks!

Nope, no freebies this time.

As for saving the page from the web version of the magazine, if you use Firefox, right click on the page you want, select save page as, choose text file for the format to save as, and there you go. If may have a lot of extra text in there too, but when I did it, the Giant's Bag table was complete in the file.

Hussar

Legend
For those wanting to email from the app, touch the screen to bring up the share menu in the top right of your screen. Touch the Share icon and the touch Email. That will email a bit.ly link and you can click to bring that up in a browser. Again, kludgey but it works easy enough.

WackyAnne

First Post
The interview with Mike Schley includes several of his maps. One of them is for a town called Hochoch, with an inset map showing where it is in the Duchy of Geoff in Greyhawk. Does anyone know if this is a map from a 4th edition product or is this a sneak preview for a new product they slipped in?

I found it on Mike's site, here: http://prints.mikeschley.com/p530730153/h268fd5c4#h268fd5c4
I'm afraid that it's from 4E...
"The D&D city of Hochoch from the world of Greyhawk; published in issue #418 of Dragon Magazine to accompany the article Backdrop: Hochoch by Claudio Pozas. An archetypal fantasy city in isometric view."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads