• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dragon Mag] Need help finding an article!

Enoch

Explorer
'ello everyone. Sorry to bother you guys, but I'm looking for an article I found in Dragon magazine a while ago that had random wilderness encounters. I'm pretty sure its an earlier issue, but I'm not sure which one exactly. I figured I'd be able to track it down better if anyone knew what issue it was in... or if I don't have it go and buy the issue again. :p

Thanks in advance,
-Joshua

Sir Whiskers

First Post
Enoch said:
'ello everyone. Sorry to bother you guys, but I'm looking for an article I found in Dragon magazine a while ago that had random wilderness encounters. I'm pretty sure its an earlier issue, but I'm not sure which one exactly. I figured I'd be able to track it down better if anyone knew what issue it was in... or if I don't have it go and buy the issue again. :p

Thanks in advance,
-Joshua

I think you'll have to give us a bit more info - there have been a lot of wilderness encounter charts/articles/what-not in Dragon over the years.

Anything particular you remember about the issue?
Was it for 3E or earlier?
What other articles?
What did the cover look like?

Enoch

Explorer
Sir Whiskers said:
Anything particular you remember about the issue?
Was it for 3E or earlier?
What other articles?
What did the cover look like?
Sorry about that. I was kind of vague. Well it was 3E, I believe they usually go under the name of Miscellaneous Mishaps. It was one of the issues closer to the release of 3E I believe. It was all about random encounters and the like in the wilderness (not on the roads or anything... I found that one). I can't remember anything about the rest of the issue though. :(

Atelos

First Post
Well, looking quickly through the issues from right after 3rd edition came out I found one in issue 275 called Miscellaneous Mishaps: Roads and Rivers which contains a table for encounters on the roads, a table for encounters on the rivers and two subtables, one for determining the contents of Barrels and Jars and one for Crates and Wagons, this the one you were thinking of?

Last edited:

Enoch

Explorer
LOL, sorry, no that's the one I have. I think I'll just catalog all the Dragon magazines I have from 3E and see which ones I don't have.

Sorry to bother you folks.

-Joshua

Remove ads