• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Magazine Covers -- Classic

Mac Golden

First Post
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find an online resource/gallery of old Dragon Magazine covers. I'm am looking for the "chessboard" series. There were probably 3-4 in all.

Thanks in advance,

Mac

Thorntangle

First Post
#118 is chessboard. I always liked #83. I think I still have that one.
#111 is great and is done in the same style, maybe same artist.

Non-chess - I always liked #74, 110, 133 and 126 especially. You might say I like pics of adventurers about to get whalloped.

Mac Golden

First Post
thanks!

Thanks smetzgar and all! We just started a new campaign loosely based on Sherri Tepper's the True Game and are going to sue the chessboard pics as inspiration.

Mac

Mac Golden

First Post
covers

Just fyi for those interested, the issues I was looking for are 83, 86, 89, 92, and 118.

Thorntangle, I like 126 and 133 too -- those are Daniel Horne covers, who is now doing covers for Troll Lord Games. Thanks for the heads up on 118, I wasn't aware of that.

A recent cover I really like is 292.

As far as content goes, I think the dragons between 60-100 were the best ever produced.

Mac

hellbender

First Post
Those covers are awesome. I remember when they came out how cool they were. Very awesome concepts on the chessboard series. Ral Partha miniatures made a diorama for the Bridge of Sorrows cover as well. A reall neat set.

hellbender

Tewligan

First Post
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was just going to be a thread about people's favorite covers. I was all set to ask if anyone remembered the chess series - it seems they do!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads