Dragon mark feats

Pentius

First Post
The 'no Artificers in Dark Sun' thing makes me a little sad inside. I love the idea of a low-profile Veiled Ally, tying just enough life energy from the world into items to keep them going, or even make them shine. Like really highlight the 'take only enough' principle by finding inventive ways to use the energy as well as making that cracked obsidian dagger last a wee bit longer. Maybe even carry a few bones or beetle husks to animate as their tiny constructs.

Incenjucar

Legend
While I allow just about anything in the official rules (even Fortune Cards... for a feat), I have a ban on Dragon Mark feats. However, if a player absolutely adored the flavor of something, we could negotiate a suitable sacrifice for its additional power.

Obryn

Hero
The 'no Artificers in Dark Sun' thing makes me a little sad inside. I love the idea of a low-profile Veiled Ally, tying just enough life energy from the world into items to keep them going, or even make them shine. Like really highlight the 'take only enough' principle by finding inventive ways to use the energy as well as making that cracked obsidian dagger last a wee bit longer. Maybe even carry a few bones or beetle husks to animate as their tiny constructs.
And if someone came to me with this flavor, poof! There's at least one Artificer in Dark Sun. :)

Well, okay... but Eberron IS a kitchen sink setting. One of the founding principles is 'If it exists, there's a place for it in Eberron.' Have them be from one of the tribes of monstrous dudes in Droam, doing some work for the hags.
*shrug* Given that I am not and don't plan on running an Eberron game, making it all moot, I'll just say I don't want to argue this one. :) As always, if someone has great ideas for flavor, I'll listen.

Really, the only things that aren't negotiable are the Dragonmark feats and setting-specific Channel Divinities. They are the keystones of too many power combos for my liking.

-O

DracoSuave

First Post
Really, the only things that aren't negotiable are the Dragonmark feats and setting-specific Channel Divinities. They are the keystones of too many power combos for my liking.

-O

Now this, I can't argue against.

Ain't no clerics of Tempus on no Athas doing that thing and OOOHHHHHHHH!!

Siberys

Adventurer
A little OT, but my inner Eberron nerd is telling me to spew some lore. Apologies beforehand.

Thri-Kreen are in fact a part of the setting; they are native to the Menechtarun Desert of Xen'drik. Additionally, they were one of the previous civilizations to inhabit Stormreach; underground, Kreen statues can occasionally be found there (See City of Stormreach).

To return to the topic; I'd go with either disallow or work in some new fluff. That said, I'm a huge proponent of refluffing, so, I'd probably try for the latter if they weren't just minmaxing.

Siberys

Adventurer
Damn, should have gone with the Rule of Xen'drick.

If it exists and you don't know where, it's probably in Xen'drick.

[Apologies for the necro; I was re-reading this thread and a thought struck me]

I might use your conversion anyways; dromites were given space in Sarlona much like how you described kreen. However, they've made no appearance in 4e, and I'm fine with that 'cause I never liked dromites. However, I could see replacing them with kreen; have them slightly more civilized and low-key than their feral, desert-dwelling ancestors.

It also gives a convenient out to use this story bit, as otherwise kreen in the service of the inspired makes little sense, unless they were enslaving them in Xen'drik or something. I always thought of Sarlona as a more 'Repress what we have here' type place, though.

IOW, Stealing idea.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Well, okay... but Eberron IS a kitchen sink setting. One of the founding principles is 'If it exists, there's a place for it in Eberron.' Have them be from one of the tribes of monstrous dudes in Droam, doing some work for the hags.

Done and done. There's no real 'flavor problem' for Eberron.

It's different than in Dark Sun, where, ya, spellcasters based on constructs and items don't really fit in too well.

Necromancy time!

Idk, scavengers. I think you can definately build a mad max movie style scavenger/tinker, with some kind of old magic vehicle. Now I want to play that...

Remove ads