• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Skills

Wolf72

Explorer
Grayswandir said:

now if you were a dumb-ass geek who is procrastinating doing some real work (tomorrow I promise!, ... actually have to do it tomorrow) you would have gone thru and made a table of reversed skill points by age cat/hd instead of WotC's lazy way.

that'd be me,

If you'd like a copy, I have it in word for the chromatic/metallic dragons.

Grayswandir

Just a lurker
What? How'd you know I was procrastinating? Tomorrow, I pr- ... Oh. Reversed skill points, right. You were talking about you. Heh.

Sure, I'd love a copy. Just go ahead and email it.

[Edit: Hmm, the email button doesn't allow attachments - hadn't noticed that. My address is en@grayswandir.8m.com ]

Last edited:

Wolf72

Explorer
mucho cool site

I like your dragon spells site ...

look forward to when you finish all the dragon spells, then you can start work on the psionic dragons, and OA dragons ... ;)

I'm noticing that coming up with a dragon bad guy is harder than a typical npc bad guy.

Grayswandir

Just a lurker
Hah! No thanks. I've got enough work ahead of me just doing the metallic dragons. The PCs in the high-level game I run have encountered chromatics (most notably red) and metallics (pretty much all), but no Gem or Lung dragons, though both types exist on my world. So right now I'm only doing dragon types that I'm likely to actually use.

The primary reason IMO why dragons are hard to run is because the core books don't have full stats for them. (!) For NPCs we've got full stats, plus equipment, for each level (in the DMG). For most monsters we have full write ups, excepting equipment. For Dragons we don't even have that much. Feats and skills are missing, and physical attacks are in a separate section altogether. That's the basic problem which both CRGreathouse and myself are trying to solve with our dragon projects. Incidentally, he has Gem dragons in his Dragon Generator - no spell selection, but everything else fully statted up, including a link to calculate the treasure. Very handy.

Wolf72

Explorer
guess what lame-ass me did gray? (besides not doing the stuff he should have ...ah nothing like pressure and money as motivatoin) ...

but anyway I went and calculated the skill points for OA and Gem dragons (psp's too PsiHB and ITCK point values).

I'd do the ones from Monsters of Faerun, but my brother has that particular book.

fyi: topaz dragons are nasty!

Remove ads