D&D General Dragon Talk?

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
I used to love listening to Dragon Talk every week, but back in July they mentioned they were going on vacation and would be back in September. Now we’re in December and there still hasn’t been a new episode released. I didn’t see Greg Tito or Shelly Mazzanoble on the list of laid off employees, but I did read that there were people let go that we still haven’t heard about yet. Does anyone here have an inside scoop on the future of the podcast?

Riley

Legend
I used to love listening to Dragon Talk every week, but back in July they mentioned they were going on vacation and would be back in September. Now we’re in December and there still hasn’t been a new episode released. I didn’t see Greg Tito or Shelly Mazzanoble on the list of laid off employees, but I did read that there were people let go that we still haven’t heard about yet. Does anyone here have an inside scoop on the future of the podcast?

No; I was searching for anything about Dragon Talk’s extended absence yesterday, and found no explanation. Didn’t find anything about Tito or Shelly re: employment/unemployment, either.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
I also just realized that the last “new” article on DDB was Monday, the same day as the layoffs were announced. I’m hoping that is just coincidence, since I’ve only seen two names on the layoff list so far that worked there (Amy Dallen and David Hartless).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We don't know when the folks in the podcast's production chain are out on vacation. They could very well have pre-planned absences through January.

That said, during the OGL crisis, Dragon Talk came out less frequently, as I recall, and didn't touch anything related to OGL at the time with a 10-foot pole. I wouldn't be surprised if someone stuck their head in their (virtual) room and said "no, just take a break for a week or two" due to the layoffs.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Most of the DnDBeyond articles are written by freelancers
Someone in house still presumably plans and edits them and then hits "publish," but there can be a whole lot of reasons -- starting with it being the holiday season -- for them not to be pushing the button this week. The audience for all sorts of entertainment goes down this time of year, because folks have better stuff to do.

Birmy

Adventurer
I was wondering this, too; there was already that long delay around the OGL debacle, and now it's been a few months again. I hope they come back, maybe with a refresh; it's been pretty formulaic for a while now, and one can only hear so many interviews with "influencers" pushing their Twitch/YouTube/charity...

Both Tito and Mazzanoble have been around a long time, though this recent round of firings has shown no one's really safe. I would bet they're doing fine.

Remove ads