Dragon Warriors RPG

Falstaff

First Post
We had loads of fun playing the original Dragon Warriors back in the day. Sometimes we'd play it all through the night.

How naughty our "Brave Knights" were. :) I'm assuming it's generally considered impolitic to crossbow a sleeping old man to a tree..

Dastardly!

I'm running for a sorcerer raised by whores in the city of Clyster, a skinny barbarian from the Eastern Steppes, and an Assassin "on the run" from the Sultanate of Opalar claiming to be a spice merchant. Currently they are trapped in the underworld beneath the Pagan Mountains, trying to find their way out before Gulruin the Sorcerer and his evil henchmen find them. The poor pastards.

P

PaulofCthulhu

Well, he could have been a Wizard or Sorceror or somesuch, you know how tricky those are - best not to take the chance.

...Turns out it was just an old man after all, ah well, que sera, sera as pater would say.

What's for lunch?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Pleased

I got the game today. By coincidence, our HARP GM couldn't make it tonight and so our standard game was canceled. I skimmed the rules and the included adventure for an hour or so before the game.

I introduced the different classes and a barbarian, a sorceror and an assassin were quickly rolled. Everything went very smoothly and we almost completed the adventure, before it was time to quit (one the players wakes up very early in the morning and so our playing time is somewhat limited).

The game has a lot of flavor, the system is very playable and straightforward... all the players enjoyed our quick test.

We noticed a few quirks, but nothing excessive... is there someplace where the game is discussed? The Magnum Opus Press website doesn't have any forums.

Lancelot

Adventurer
...is there someplace where the game is discussed? The Magnum Opus Press website doesn't have any forums.

Other than here, there are occasional threads on the "Tabletop Roleplaying Open" forum at RPGnet. There's a current thread there discussing the use of nonhumans in Dragon Warriors games. Usually, you'll get about one DW thread a week at RPGnet.

Note also that Mongoose recently included a Dragon Warriors adventure in "Signs and Portents #64" (free PDF download from their site). It's a bit D&D-ish and lacks some of the atmosphere of the other published modules, but could be worth mining for content.

muriwo

First Post
Here are some other places where Dragon Warriors is discussed:
1. Yahoo Groups forum: dragwars : Dragon Warriors E-mail Discussion List
2. Dragon Warriors Wiki (free to join - just post a message on the Yahoo Group asking for an invite - or send me a PM via ENWorld as I am one of the mods)
3. The Mongoose "Flaming Cobra" Forums themselves have quite a lot of discussion.

In any case, if any of you are playing DW via PBP or Tabletop group, please let me know as I maintain a register of these groups on the Wiki, to help people find somewhere to play.

Remove ads