• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonborn: Boobs or No Boobs?

What is your boob preference for Dragonborn?

• Yes to boobs

Votes: 183 33.0%
  • No to boobs

Votes: 283 51.0%
  • Something boob-like

Votes: 43 7.7%
  • I'm more of a thigh person

Votes: 46 8.3%

Voss

First Post
But they are based very heavily and myth and legend. There are limits to what is acceptable as a dragon.

And the hexapod thing didn't need addressing, as you'll note from the next line. Taking them out of the Superclass takes them even further away from mammals.

xechnao

First Post
If they are mamals and milk then boobs. If not, then no boobs. The real question is about eggs or babies. I think I go with eggs because it's a bit strange to imagine and accept lizardmen as mamals.
Oh, and about dragons people keep mentioning about not being reptiles: yes, maybe so, but for the purpose of this forum I have to say that I have never seen a dragon depicted with boobs.

Voss said:
But they are based very heavily and myth and legend. There are limits to what is acceptable as a dragon.

Even if I accepted that, dragonborn aren't dragons.

And the hexapod thing didn't need addressing, as you'll note from the next line. Taking them out of the Superclass takes them even further away from mammals.

And even further away from anything to do with reality. This is the hexapod argument: dragons have nothing to do with reality. Your argument is based on real world animals to which they bear a resemblance.

I actually voted "No boobs" in the poll - I think they look silly. I prefer a more reptilian look myself. But it's just aesthetic.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
Baumi said:
Where is the option for MORE boobs? Everything is better with more boobs... ;)
I'm going Pro-boobs
I support breasts in any way I can!

Even with my hands, if the need arises

As far as more boobs go, 5 boobs should be good. See, its an odd number, so people who want them to be distinct can be happy, and we can have boobs.

Just to note:

There are mammals that lay eggs. So that shouldn't disqualify a species from nursing outright.

Species don't nurse because they don't nurse, not because they lay eggs.

Voss

First Post
Scholar & Brutalman said:
Even if I accepted that, dragonborn aren't dragons.

And not hexapods and we're back to reptiles. Your side trip to dragonland was pretty meaningless, wasn't it?

I actually voted "No boobs" in the poll - I think they look silly. I prefer a more reptilian look myself. But it's just aesthetic.

Ah. I didn't realize you were arguing for the sake of being argumentative. 'WotC can do whatever they want because it isn't real' is a circular argument that doesn't lead anywhere.
They could make all the monsters Neo-pets or Pokemon if they really wanted to.

bgaesop

First Post
Having male and female Dragonborn visually identical would make them too alien a race for me to consider including in my games. There's just no way you could work them into a shared society with the other races without distinct genders, and so until I see artwork that convinces me it can be done without boobs I'll have to vote boobs.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
bgaesop said:
Having male and female Dragonborn visually identical would make them too alien a race for me to consider including in my games. There's just no way you could work them into a shared society with the other races without distinct genders, and so until I see artwork that convinces me it can be done without boobs I'll have to vote boobs.
Do you, like, have no imagination?

China Mieville has a fantasy species where the females look like human women from the neck down, but have large, red, scarab-like insect-heads. The males are head-sized scarab-like beetles and non-sentient . . . they run around communities built by the females as if they were dogs or other pets.

And you think dragonborn gender being visually unidentifiable is too much to take? Jeez, how did you ever handle the notion that dwarven women might have beards and deep voices . . . Discworld novels featuring dwarves must confuse the hell out of you.

Remove ads