• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonborn: Boobs or No Boobs?

What is your boob preference for Dragonborn?

• Yes to boobs

Votes: 183 33.0%
  • No to boobs

Votes: 283 51.0%
  • Something boob-like

Votes: 43 7.7%
  • I'm more of a thigh person

Votes: 46 8.3%

Voss said:
Ah. I didn't realize you were arguing for the sake of being argumentative. 'WotC can do whatever they want because it isn't real' is a circular argument that doesn't lead anywhere.

No. What I am pointing out is that you do not have an argument here. Your opinion is that you don't like things that bear some resemblance to reptiles to have boobs. This is fine - I even agree with it. You can say that because they don't in myth and legend, they shouldn't have them. I don't agree, but that's fine too.

However, you keep pointing at reptiles and saying "No boobs". This is not an argument that proves that dragons shouldn't have them either. Dragons aren't reptiles. No matter how many how many times you compare them, they aren't. They aren't mammals, they aren't birds, they aren't any kind of real animal. They are fictional. WotC can indeed describe dragons in their game however they like - because they aren't real, and because it's their game.

They could make all the monsters Neo-pets or Pokemon if they really wanted to

Absolutely correct. Since dragons are exactly as real as pokemon. D&D is not a zoological project.

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Let's keep this up guys, with some more firepower we can get this debate to be the new Dwarven Women vs. Beards!

I'd go for no boobs, but I do want differentiation between the sexes. Making the males spikier or obviously bulkier might do, giving them crests, colourful patterns or such would be cooler.

Chris_Nightwing said:
Let's keep this up guys, with some more firepower we can get this debate to be the new Dwarven Women vs. Beards!

Good point, I'll shut up about this now.

I'd go for no boobs, but I do want differentiation between the sexes. Making the males spikier or obviously bulkier might do, giving them crests, colourful patterns or such would be cooler.

That's a nice idea - very colourful males and drab females perhaps.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
There's no real reason why male dragonborn would be larger and bulkier than female dragonborn. I'd like to see a fantasy race where the reverse was true, as it is for many insects and arthropods.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Hexapodia as the Key Insight

Voss said:
Ah. I knew someone would pull the hexapod thing out. How predictable.
I haven't had a chance to see the famous video from
Straumli Realm, except as an evocation. (My only
gateway onto the Net is very expensive.) Is it true
that humans have six legs? I wasn't sure from the
evocation. If these humans have three pairs of legs,
then I think there is an easy explanation for
-- END TRANSMISSION --

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Dr. Strangemonkey said:
Just to note:

There are mammals that lay eggs. So that shouldn't disqualify a species from nursing outright.

Species don't nurse because they don't nurse, not because they lay eggs.

the "egg-laying mammals" are properly called monotremes (platypus and echidna). Significantly they don't have boobs - milk leaks out onto their abdomen which the babies lap up.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I voted no boobs for the dragonborn. I've never seen boobs on a dragon (which they are evidently closely tied to) or any other reptilian D&D creature.

It just doesn't make sense.

What would make sense IMO might be to make

a) dragonborn females larger
b) dragonborn males more colourful.

Cheers

Zweischneid

First Post
Wormwood said:
Yes to boobs.

Regardless of the question, actually.

QFT, also hot, sweaty sex between party members are a definite must have.. so reptilian, egg-laying player races are certainly non-functional for my D&D Game.

Li Shenron

Legend
James Heard said:
Boobs are easier to read visually as female than having to turn to other visual cues like putting lipstick on the figure or making them adventure in dresses for the artwork. I don't care what's reasonable, but if it keeps a single cloaca visual off a page then I think the boobs are worth it. I mean it's not like Mialee looks like she belongs on a beer commercial most of the time, I think you can do "enough boobs to differentiate between male and female" without making a big deal about them.

What is the purpose of reading visually a monster's gender?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads