• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonkin+Monkey Grip=best DPS?

Obrysii

First Post
Pure absurdity goes to gestalt, though. A Werebear//monk can easily end up in the 500-damage-per-round (or 83 points of damage per second) to everything within reach of it, which by that level happens to be anything within 20 feet.

If you're in a mob of some kind, with the entire area filled, you can deal ~500 damage per round towards 26 opponents, for a total damage of 13,000. Or in DPS, 2,166 damage per second.

Hurray for Improved Unarmed Strike and Warhulk.

UltimaGabe

First Post
Aleolus said:
I know a guy who has a Dragonkin with the Powerful Build and Monkey Grip feats, who dual-wields greatswords. Both of those would probably let you use a Gargantuan greatsword instead of a huge one.

There's so many things wrong with this I don't know what to say.

Jack99

Adventurer
I think the OP is lying about not playing WoW

But in order to not make a solely negative post, I must chime in with the other guy who suggested the OP to swing by WoTC's Optimization boards. If you think that dragon is good dps, you are sorely mistaken. Hell, I could prolly make a barbarian of half the level that matches his average damage, and I am a noob when it comes to optimising.

Cheers and gluck

roushguy

First Post
if i had nearly all the books, i could make him better. but i dont. he doesnt get double damage when he hits, he gets 4d6+13 he has +14 to hit. 7 racial, 1 from fighter, 9 from strength, and -2 from monkey grip. im just wondering if i have picked the best that i can with the books on hand. which are: Complete warrior, Draconomicon, Dragon magic, and unearthed arcana.

MadWand

First Post
First of all, a huge greatsword does 3d8, not 4d6.

Second, No. Monkey Grip is an awful feat. To see why, compare what you get with monkey grip to what you would get if you just power attacked for 2. Monkey grip gives you -2 to hit, +3 damage (average). Power attack for 2 gives you -2 to hit, +4 damage... and you can choose whether or not to use power attack, and by how much.

Yeah. Read the optimization boards. Things can get a lot more sick than a mere 28 strength.

sukael

First Post
roushguy said:
like a werepanther ranger? +8 dex. +6 str. thats gonna leave a mark.

More like the Hulking Hurler builds that can do 3.88 million damage per round.

DISCLAIMER: That's totally not an actual number from a build... but it's in the same sort of neighborhood. Yes, millions.

roushguy

First Post
o_O. how do i get that!!!!???? you have to give me feat descriptions and page refs, my dm isnt nice about feats from books we dont have...

sukael

First Post
roushguy said:
o_O. how do i get that!!!!???? you have to give me feat descriptions and page refs, my dm isnt nice about feats from books we dont have...

As people have already said, the Character Optimization sections of the Wizards forums are the best place to go for this kind of thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads