• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance and Manual of the planes sales, from Ben Riggs

darjr

I crit!
Please note that these do not include the Dragonlance adventures.
Today in actual D&D sales numbers! Dragonlance and Manual of the Planes!

The three major setting releases for Dragonlance are charted below, with Fifth Age, a reboot of the setting in a new era and system, selling the worst.

Next, there is a chart comparing sales of Greyhawk setting material to Dragonlance, with the advantage going to the former. I want to note that none of these charts reflect Dragonlance adventure sales, and that regrettably, I have no Dragonlance adventure sales numbers. :(

Lastly, there is a chart for Jeff Grubb’s opus, Manual of the Planes.

As always, snips of hard numbers are in the comments.

Have you preordered my book on D&D history yet? If you preorder now, you get a free Jeff Easley bookplate! This offer ends in a mere seven days, so take advantage of it now! Link in the comments below!

72FD7736-7726-4D44-A7C2-57128CF573E0.jpeg
5EC1E983-137C-4F58-9139-E54645A934ED.jpeg
4DB6BBBC-9587-40E9-88E3-58D0E2245B6A.jpeg

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Sounds like he doesn’t have figure for the actual Dragonlance adventures (small a). I’d have been fascinated to see those!
I’ll add that, he did state he couldn’t get a hold of them. It’s interesting that they are not there, for instance I’d love info on Keep on the Borderlands

Man, growing up in the AD&D era with Greyhawk and Dragonlance must have been lit af. Its kind of sad that modern D&D doesn't have a setting that is as easily manipulable as Greyhawk was; FR just has a lot more that I have to examine, whereas with Greyhawk, I could literally add anything.

Yes yes, its still around, but I'm young, so you already know I want the new, shiny thing.

Remove ads