• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance Campaign Setting: Buying?

Are you going to buy the DLCS?

• Yes

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 48 31.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 33 21.9%

Li Shenron

Legend
Could someone write a short description of the Dragonlance setting? I have never played it, and I would like to know what's special about it, what makes it different from Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms or Kingdoms of Kalamar: I don't think those 3 settings are THAT different after all, but if WotC is publishing another setting, I guess there is something new.

So give me reasons to buy this new CS book, which are not "crunchy bits" please, since I can find them in any book :)

NiTessine

Explorer
Bought it. Shoddy editing. No poster map. No proper map of the entire continent. Strange choices for crunch. Uninspiring art. Overall, a bit disappointing. 2/5.

NiTessine

Explorer
Olive said:

Like what?

The Steel Legionnaire PrC is three levels, and strikes me as not so much weak as pointless. In my opinion, the feat selection was all too slim, with 13 feats, five of which can be just dropped into another D&D campaign, the rest being either specific to Krynn PC races or geared towards dragons. Magic item stats have been sprinkled liberally through the book for no obvious reason. At least there's a separate index for them.

I'm just curious why they didn't do it all the same way they did the FRCS...

talinthas

First Post
the Legion PrC is meant to be a gateway class to get into things like the Legion Scout, the Legion Mystic, and the Legion Sorceror, presented in Age of Mortals. Its basically a flavor PrC.

tsadkiel

Legend
Ultimately, no. I was seriously considering it for a while; though I'm not a huge Dragonlance fan, I absolutely love Taladas. But basically I'd be spending $40.00 on a handful of races, and that's not the best deal.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads