• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance: Children of the Dragon : Chapter 1 First Hunt

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Vervaerynosz said:
"Hello!? You OK?"

Lukisalinari heard muffled words from outside her home . . . her prison. She tried to call out again but couldn't get her neck turned around to speak. She tried to break her shell again but she was so . . . tired. She understood the dynamics of shell breaking, but her body wasn't willing any longer. Suddenly . . .

Vervaerynosz said:
Not waiting for a response he starts knocking harder which quickly changes into beating on the egg until it finally cracks from all the strain. He continues beating on the egg until he has made a small hole. He looks inside and repeats his question.

"You OK?"

She lifted her silver head out from the hole in the shell and said, "Yes . . . Lucky."

Admiration and more shone in her eyes as she looked at the silver that saved her . . . "Who are you?"

Velmont

First Post
Keia said:
"Who are you?"

Justyrathrix stop to laufgh and looks at the last born. "Well, havn't you listen to mother? There is five eggs, so we are all brother and sister. Say hello to your family..." he pause and looks around him "now that I think of it, where is mother? Have she told us she was going hunting or meeting the humans?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lukisalinari chipped away at the hole with her claws and worked herself free of her shell. As her eyes were still trying to focus, she whipped her tail at her shell in anger at it.

She blinked several times in the direction of Justyrathrix's words. She tried to speak to him . . . "me . . . hear . . . Star." Lukisalinari coughed once or twice clearing her throat.

"I am glad to be part of this clutch . . . thank you," she finished, the last part directed to Vervaerynosz.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Velmont said:
He pauses and looks around him, "Now that I think of it, where is Mother? Has she told us she was going hunting or meeting the humans?"

"She didn't say anything that I remember. Maybe she's lost! Or hurt! We have to find her!" Kharasmadrion dashes off madly, sliding to and fro on the snow, before fetching up against a concealed boulder.

"Or maybe we should wait here. She'd worry if she came back, and we weren't here." His words would seem more sensible were they not delivered upside-down from underneath a pile of snow his impact dislodged.

Velmont

First Post
"How much time do you suggest to wait here. I am hungry. We can eat the snow if we are thirsty, but we need some food too, I don't know how much time I will be bale to stand here hungry as I am." say Justyrathrix flapping his wing all the time he is talking.

Last edited:

Elrick

First Post
Chapter 1 First Hunt

With all five newly hatched wyrmlings free at last, they begin to explore their immediate surroundings searching hopefully for something to ease their terribly empty bellies. The rocky grotto that is their nest is filled by light filtered through the cracks in the ceiling above. With superior dragon senses the young dragons define the chamber as roughly dome shaped carved from the granite by some large beast equipped with talons. The grotto’s floor is dominated by a shallow pool filled with cold mountain water, the remains of their egg shells rest upon a bed of sand slightly submerged. The caves walls are filled with nooks and cracks, some even appear large enough for a wyrmling dragon to wiggle through. There are no large exits and the five baby silvers are completely alone.

Both Khirsahfalithet and his little sister Lukisalinari can hear, beyond sounds of dripping water and whistling wind, harsh guttural voices coming from the cracks in the walls, the words just on the edge of their understanding.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lukisalinari looked around in awe as her vision cleared. This shell is much larger than my last one . . . and it already has cracks in it, she thought. She understood that she was using the shell as a metaphor . . . and what a metaphor was. As she tried to understand her surroundings better and listen to her siblings discuss food, she heard rumblings. She looked down and patted her belly, realizing the sounds came from her stomach.

When the sounds stopped for a moment, she heard much more . . . "I hear sounds, language . . . gutteral . . . coming from those cracks."

She moved closer and slightly behind her rescuer, Vervaerynosz, keeping him between the sounds and herself.

G

Guest 11456

Vervaerynosz: Male Wyrmling

Vervaerynosz nods to Lukisalinari as she thanks him for his help.

"I guess you are lucky I was there."

Then he addresses the entire group.

"I am Vervaerynosz, protector of the clutch."

Then he too notices his belly is empty. He looks around and finds nothing to eat. Not that he would really know food from not food. Unless of course it bit him first. Then he would know, maybe. He notices the cracks in the walls and is about to go inspect one of them when Lukisalinari announces that the cracks are talking (at least that's the way he heard it). As she gets next to him he pats her head.

"Do not worry. I am here to protect you from the cracks or anything else that might harm you."

He moves into his best fighting stance.

Velmont

First Post
"Another that want to be rided by Huma?" Southwind stay calm for a moment "I hear nothing! You sure there is something" he listen more attentively.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Tailspinner said:
"Do not worry. I am here to protect you from the cracks or anything else that might harm you."

“No, no . . . not cracks, sounds on other side of cracks,” Lukisalinari explained gently, peering around Vervaerynosz’s shoulder to look in the directions of the sounds.

Velmont said:
"Another that want to be rided by Huma?" Southwind stay calm for a moment "I hear nothing! You sure there is something" he listen more attentively.

“Yes, . . . there again. Do you no hear it? Really? It sound like . . . graskidkfuasdf,” Lukisalinari explained, trying her best to duplicate the sounds she heard.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads