Dragonlance: Children of the Dragon : Chapter 1 First Hunt

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Kharasmadrion runs to intercept the fleeing target, trying to get in front of him if possible. It is not that he doesn't trust Vern's abilities, merely that his attention is seized by anything that moves swiftly.

Elrick

First Post
Chapter 1 First Hunt

[DM: Round 7]

Lukisalinari: Lucky has only a moment to look for an escape route and sees nothing at a glance [A spot check will require a standard action] before she is forced to return her attention to her foe. She attacks managing to only sink her teeth in the baaz’s flank [5ft. step. Full attack: bite Hits 2 dmg. Recharge breath after 1 round]

Kharasmadrion: Flashfrost runs towards the fleeing baaz, but not without a parting swing from the baaz he had been facing. [Runs 160 ft., AoO misses.]

Vervaerynosz: Vern also pursues the fleeing baaz but is stuck from behind on the rump [Runs 160ft. AoO hits 7 subduel dmg]

Baaz Draconians: The fleeing baaz continues to gallop out the chamber’s exit leaving the wyrmlings behind. [Runs 120ft. out of the room. AoO from Vern & Flashfrost Hit 18 dmg]. The remaining baaz grin at each other and close on the wyrmlings who stay behind, each taking up flanking positions around Lucky and Southwind. Lucky dodges between twin blows from the baaz on either side [2 attacks miss]. Southwind is also able to avoid the swords swings at him [2 attacks miss].

[DM: I'm pausing here to see if Southwind and Coldlight wish to change their actions this round as the situation has changed drastically.

Vern and Flashfrost are 60ft from the exit. 160ft from their siblings.

Here where everyone stands:
Code:
                       B
                  B    S
                  L    B
                  B    C

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Southwind will full attack on the baaz in bracket, and then will move down right from his position on the map, to leave the bracket. "Those dinner will be tough to get, let's hunt back to back" say Southwind to Coldlight

Elrick

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
OOC: Full run for a silver is 4 times base speed of 40 ft, or 160.

[DM: My bad, I'm just use to those baaz running 120ft., I corrected it. That means you also get AoO on the fleeing baaz.]

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Elrick said:
[DM: My bad, I'm just use to those baaz running 120ft., I corrected it. That means you also get AoO on the fleeing baaz.]

OOC: That was exactly my hope.

If the baaz is within 60 feet, Flashfrost will run after him and breathe clinging frost on him. Otherwise, he will simply charge the creature.

Last edited:

Elrick

First Post
[DM: Round 7 continued]

Justyrathrix: Southwind misses completely as he jockeys around into position, [Full Attack misses. 5ft. step. Recharge breath after 2 rounds]

Khirsahfalithet: Coldlight steps behind the baaz and attacks with tooth and claw, only to succeed in connecting with a bite [Full attack: bite hits 8dmg. Breath is now Recharged.]

End Round: One baaz (28 dmg) running out the exit, Vern (10 sub) and Flashfrost (18 sub) in pursuit. Two baaz (56 dmg & 25 dmg) in melee with Southwind & Coldlight (15 sub). Two bazz (43 dmg & 34 dmg) in melee with Lucky (17 sub).

[DM: Initiatives are: Lucky 19, Flashfrost 18, Vern 10, Baaz Draconians 6, Southwind 6, Coldlight 6 ]

Code:
                       B
                  B    
                  L   SBC
                  B

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lukisalinari attacks fully the green scale that is the most wounded, then adjusts up and to the left of the green scale above her on the map.

Remove ads