• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dragons of Stormwreck Isle: New D&D Starter Set Is Coming This Year

Hasbro has posted a short video which highlights its 2022 portfolio of brands, including toys and games, and in it can be seen images of a D&D Starter Set called Dragons of Stormwreck Isle. The cover feature a blue dragon breathing lightning. Critical Role's Call of the Netherdeep also appears briefly. In this press release, Hasbro lists the boxed set with a retail price of $49.99, which...

Hasbro has posted a short video which highlights its 2022 portfolio of brands, including toys and games, and in it can be seen images of a D&D Starter Set called Dragons of Stormwreck Isle. The cover feature a blue dragon breathing lightning.

Critical Role's Call of the Netherdeep also appears briefly.

In this press release, Hasbro lists the boxed set with a retail price of $49.99, which seems very high for a starter set.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 11.15.09 PM.png

It’s going to be just like the last starter set with pregens, adventure book, basic rules w/o character creation, and dice, in a box. It will retail for $19.99, cover levels 1-5 and it will be about as advisable to fight the young blue dragon in the adventure as it is to fight Venomfang in LMoP. Source: I looked at the picture.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It’s going to be just like the last starter set with pregens, adventure book, basic rules w/o character creation, and dice, in a box. It will retail for $19.99, cover levels 1-5 and it will be about as advisable to fight the young blue dragon in the adventure as it is to fight Venomfang in LMoP. Source: I looked at the picture.
Hasbro announced the MRSP is $49.99 in their big press release.

Looks like we're potentially getting a new starter set for this year. Would be crazy if it had some of the new rules for characters or updated elves.
I'll be shocked if it doesn't, frankly. It would actually be kind of weird to do a starter set that's going to be "wrong" in about two years.

So I expect it'll just have the subclasses and races they're fairly confident about how they're going to change. Which isn't to say they won't change more, but probably not drastically.

I mean, we pretty much already know how Elves, for example, will be, given the changes in Multiverse and Tashas together.
2). I don't know if Stormwreck Isle is actually a place on Toril, but I would also assume this is meant to be setting agnostic so that they can start to fulfill their promise of no longer wheeling and dealing in any one particular setting for "core" content.
Quite, I don't think it's an accident that it's an island, which is one of the easies things to slip into any campaign setting.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I highly doubt it could be a not in FR thing.... but....
Tempest Isle
Tempest Island is an island in the Lhazaar Principalities.[1] It earns its name from unceasing storms over the central peaks. The island has been associated with aquatic trolls and blue dragon

That does appear to be a blue dragon...
Edit: ECG140/141 has some pretty strong indicators of a connection I think.....

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads