D&D General Dungeons & Dragons Educator Giveaway

Wizards of the Coast giving away 200 libraries of D&D books to educators.

DnD_23-1-Blog-1.jpg

Wizards of the Coast partnered with AdoptAClassroom.org to offer libraries of Dungeons & Dragons titles for educators along with a $100 grant. The library includes hardcover copies of the Player’s Handbook, Dungeon Master’s Guide, Monster Manual, Candlekeep Mysteries, and D&D Essential Kit along with the D&D Campaign Case token sets for Creatures and Terrain and the D&D Afterschool Club Kit which includes the D&D Starter Set: Dragons of Stormwreck Isle boxed set. Each of the 200 winners will also receive a $100 grant for a total of a $20,000 cash donation.

Educators with an active AdoptAClassroom.org account with an educational program for Grade 4-12 can submit their application for one of the 200 libraries available until October 31, 2023. The winner will be determined by a random drawing in early November.

dnd-classroom-1.png

This joins other initiatives from Wizards of the Coast to help teachers and educators bring D&D to students. The D&D Educator Resource page includes lesson plans for different grade levels using D&D material, promotional assistance for D&D after-school clubs, free Educator Licenses for D&D Beyond digital books, applications to receive the D&D Afterschool Club Kit, and webinars with guidance on including D&D in lessons and as an extracurricular activity.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Dire Bare

Legend
I teach middle school and just started an afterschool D&D club about a month ago. We've got 20 (ish) kids spread out over 3 games, 2 of which are student run. It's been a rough start . . . I'm a teacher, but I've never taught D&D to kids before, and I forgot how COMPLICATED character creation can be!! But the kids are all having a blast, glad I did it!

I have no experience with AdoptAClassroom.org, but it seems legit, especially if WotC is willing to partner with them. I created my account (classroom page link below), and hopefully some good will come from it!

This contest is a way for WotC to spread the gospel of D&D, support educators . . . and a way for AdoptAClassroom.org to gain more educators using the site as well. Seems like a good match.

Remove ads

Remove ads