Dragonslayers [Aftermath]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Evilhalfling said:
Sorcerers in this world are so closely tied to dragons that I am going to say no to the Arcane Disciple Feat. However sorcerers do pick a draconic nature (Ruler, Warrior, Philsopher. Builder) and get extra known spells from those, but none grant healing.

Well, it looks like you got two anyways. Perhaps my bump helped =)

Good luck keeping it going.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Gerryt Nylson
[sblock]Gerryt Nylson (15,000 xp)
Male human Rogue 1/Warlock 5
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init
+3; Senses darkvision/magical darkvision 30 ft. Listen -1, Spot -1
Languages Common, Elven, Dwarven
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 15
Hp 22 (6 HD)
Damage Reduction 1/cold iron
Special Defenses Entropic Warding
Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +3
Speed 30 Ft. (6 squares)
Melee +1 shortsword +8 (1d6+1/19-20) or
Ranged MW hand crossbow +8 (1d4/19-20/30 ft.) or
Ranged MW hand crossbow +9 (1d4+1/19-20/30 ft.) in 30 ft. or
Ranged Eldritch Blast +8 (3d6/60 ft.) or
Ranged Elbritch Blast +9 (3d6+1/60 ft.) in 30 ft.
Space 5 Ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +3; Grp +3
Atk Options Sneak Attack +1d6, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Finesse, Spell Penetration
Combat Gear Wand of Cure Light Wounds(20 charges)
Invocations Known DC 13+spell level Caster Level 5
Least Entropic Warding, Darkness, Devil’s Sight
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 17
Special Qualities: Detect Magic at will, Trapfinding, Deceive item
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Finesse, Spell Penetration
Skills Balance +3, Bluff +7, Climb -1, Disable Device +12, Escape Artist +7, Hide +3, Jump +3, Move Silently +7, Open Lock +10, Search +10, Sleight of Hand +7, Swim -2, Tumble +7, Use Magic Device +11, Use Rope +8
Possessions combat gear plus explorer’s outfit, +1 chain shirt, +1 short sword, MW hand crossbow, 20 bolts, MW thieves tools, Obsidian Ring of Kher-Hazahd (+2 dex, mage hand at will], waterskin, backpack, rationsx4, 31 gp[/sblock] Encumberance With backpack Medium, Without: Light

Description: Gerryt is a thin man who looks like he could fall over from exhaustion at any moment. Is soul is weary from the years of influence the accursed ring he wears has had on him, though the ring itself seems to drive him with unholy energy. His eyes are sunken deep in his head and bloodshot, his skin very pale. Black stubble seems to perpetually darken his face and his long hair is always pulled back. His right hand is blackened and burnt, and on his ring finger is a ring apparently carved of shiny black volcanic rock with small, lustrous rubies set into it. Gerryt's clothes are fairly nice, and occasionally the tinkle of chain can be heard beneath his doublet and cloak. He wears a sword on one hip, and a small crossbow slung over his shoulder on a strap.

Background: (will flesh this out when I have time. Hopefully later this afternoon, if not, tomorrow. Until then, see short description above.)

The Ring of Kher-Hazhad: This ring was stolen by Gerryt from a rich collector of antiquities. Gerryt put it on and has, as of yet, been unable to remove it. It grants him increased nimbleness and allows him to manipulate small objects from far away, as if he were using his own hands. He is quite sure that it is tied to some dark entity...a demon or ghost of some description...that has been haunting his dreams and subconsciously teaching him horrible things that have been granting him great power. He knows his power is evil, yet he can't rid himself of it. He is constantly trying to master this dark power and use it for ultimate good (and if he gains personally from it? Then so much the better!)

Personality: Gerryt is always seems upset or slightly distracted. He rarely approaches anything directly, though once he's in a situation he rarely backs down from it. He never has gotten over the way his body and sanity has begun to waste away while his mind and powers grow to inexplicaple and unusual degrees. He trusts and follows those of clear martial bent, and is willing to die for his friends...so long as they don't order him to do it.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Well I was planning on posting a character as well. (It's the weekend for me and my character is at work)

I was thinking of playing Pixil a Pixie Rogue 1/Sorcerer 1, Pixil is the only survivor of his village, which was located and razed by the new Juvenile Dragon that has moved into the area.

Seeking revenge Pixil has come to the closest city to find others who will help slay the beast, Pixil is pleasantly surprised to find that a group of slayers are looking for people to help slay this very dragon.

I'm willing to play Pixil as a long term character! apart from the weekends I can usually post multiple times a day.

Krug

Newshound
Oops sorry yeap I'm here. Will be reading up shortly :)

Could I ask where is Grim now? Reading over his character in the RG now.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Just to cover the aftermath -
Hond and Aphram gain levels.
And everyone can add 4,000 gp worth of powers to their signature (named) item.
and one weapon can drink in the dragon's heart blood, making it a dragons bane (instead of gaining other new powers)
The dragons stash could be found as well - and weapons and armor forged from the dragons body.

If enough people want to continue, Grim could be brought back to life (at no level loss)
and Lareth could return - or new players added.
Unfinished quests include:
* investigating the ruins of the academy of magic
* reunion with old characters or with the Warlock from the boat. (to explore his island)
* hunting and killing Glitterscale (a larger Brass dragon)
* solving the firesnake mystery.

However I think we are done. Its been a pretty good game and you guys were great.
next time I'll leave off the paralization gaze, it went fine in tabletop, but leaves too many people cut out of battle.

If you want a little more closure, how about writing a epiloge of what your character went on to do after earing the title:

Dragonslayer

Remove ads