Dragonslayers [Aftermath]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I'm going to continue to work towards wandstrike at 9th, so I will keep the wand as my fallback weapon. Fixed the UMD total to 2 instead of 3. I moved all the scroll spells into my Spells Known list and made an entry under equipment so I can keep track of how much I spend on scribing scrolls.

As far as alter self goes, most likely lizardman for mobility and natural armor for combat. Out of combat, probably human for mobility and blending in. I'm not sure how people view lizardmen around towns. It might look too much like a dragon for some.

Sorry for all the errors thus far. Next time I'll just do up a character sheet before posting it. I catch errors a lot easier on paper than I do in a text document.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Gah!
I just realized that half the group has not visted ENworld in a month! Azmodean 7-28, Redswan 7-23, Isida (explained absence 7-21) Super Girl 7-20.
SG stopped posting before she left, and she did not respond to an email, so she is gone. But Az and RS have email turned off.

Ferrix, has this sort of thing happened before to you in PbP?

choices:

1. reopen recruiting (for extended game)
2. reopen recruiting - for one fight.
3. wait for Isida (said 1 month, so she may return shortly.)
4. send Father Lux along
5. abandon game.

the adventure might end with the dragon, and it seems a shame to stop just before this.
If the three of you are interested in continuing this as a campaign, following hooks such as going after the dragon Glitterscale or reuniting with Kel'leth to vist the mysterious Isle of Dragonstone then I will reopen recruiting.

If not Father Lux can come as backup, using 1st, and second level buffs and turning all his domain spells into a prot energy for each of you. He would then stay behind, hopefully out of harms way, while the three of you took on SpiritPense.

other suggestions?

Ferrix

Explorer
Hrm... facing a dragon on those prospects doesn't look so keen.

I have had people drop off before, and it usually occurs at points where I didn't keep up sufficiently. I actually restarted my Mythar game because people had lost interest, we lost I think four original players in that transition.

Good choices would be:

1) Recruit for the long term, always :)
4) Sending the father along, although that wouldn't make as much in game sense.

Horrible choices would be:
5) Abandon game ;)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
There are often people willing to be "alternates" for ongoing PbP games. You could ask for temporary people to step in for this part of the adventure, which should eat up a few weeks, and we'll see if the others come back. They can drop out of the party due to an illness their characters have contracted. Once the adventure is over you should know whether or not the other players will be back. If they won't be back, you can see if any Alts are interested in sticking around.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Recruiting again - Players wanted for Roleplaying, Plotting and Dragonslaying. At the crux of the first quest the party finds itself depleated in numbers. Without new blood the quest will fail. There only hope is a pair of heros who has made the long underground journey to a isloated town. The town is torn by internal disent, and held hostage by a Juvenile Dragon.

See the first OoC: post for character creation rules.

Current players:

Ferrix - Human Ranger/Dragonslayer
Mithan - Stout barbarian
SelcSilverhand- Hairfoot wizard

Absent players:
azmodean - LN Monk/cleric
Redswan - CG 1/2 orc cleric
Isida - elven ranger

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
I hate to see a game flounder, especially one involving my buddies *Jerran waves at Eddie*. I'm not sure I can devote myself to staying with the game long term, but if you like I can make up a character for this battle as Silverhand's suggestion. I would of course stand aside for anyone who wanted to play long term. And last but not least, this post serves as a not too subtle. . .

*BUMP*

P.S. . . . could I use a feat from the complete divine, I was thinking of a sorcerer with the Arcane Disciple feat so as to be able to cast healing spells.

Krug

Newshound
I won't mind 'proxying' one of the characters that others, particularly the half-orc cleric, until such time that the original players return.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
I am working on a character, but I don't have time to finish him until tomorrow...if it fills up before then, that's okay.

The short version of his history is this: Human Rogue from a large settlement who stole the Wrong Thing. A ring. This ring seemed nice at first, but then the nightmares (and strange powers) started flooding into him. Yes, he has neat new tricks completely inexplicatly, unfortunately he is tortured with nightly nightmares and unbearable bad luck. He has taken to adventuring to figure out what the heck is going on...and to staisfy his growing need for adventure. Nothing says adventure like hunting dragons. (Rogue1/Warlock5 or Rogue2/Warlock4...not sure which I want to do yet.)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Hafrogman - thanks for the bump :) I am leaning towards longer term characters. Sorcerers in this world are so closely tied to dragons that I am going to say no to the Arcane Disciple Feat. However sorcerers do pick a draconic nature (Ruler, Warrior, Philsopher. Builder) and get extra known spells from those, but none grant healing.

Krug - hmm proxie? I would dislike it if one of my PCs was proxied, but it does make for better plot continuation, and allow for RS to return easily.

Shaggy Sword - go ahead and write it up. ooh pretty plot hook :)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
SelcSilverhand - answers from IC thread, these details could be easily found by the others if they ask.

The Academy is 50 miles away as the crow flies, It is on the slopes of a pair of mountains that overlook the ruined city on the bay. to get there you have to cross a major river if you are traveling the surface. Tunnels lead around/under the river, but this adds 15 miles, and the second half the trip is still above ground, and on the edge of Glitterscale's territory.

Remove ads