• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Dreamblade minis making a return as 4E monsters?

Looking at this monster from Demonomicon
dreadmorph.jpg

and this Dreamblade mini
dreadmorphogre.jpg

And this monster from Revenge of the Giants
royalscagglemaw.jpg

and this mini
loyalscragglemaw.jpg

I'd say WotC has managed to find a new use for those old Dreamblade minis :)

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I'd say WotC has managed to find a new use for those old Dreamblade minis :)
Good for them - good for us! Dreamblade had some amazing and very creative sculpts, a shame that the game never really caught on. IIRC, they even started the whole transparent mini-thing (for WotC, at least), something I love about DDMs, since metal miniatures can't really duplicate that!

If some of these sculpts get re-purposed, I'm all for it! You can never have enough transparent minis or bizarre demon critters! :)

Cheers, LT.

Well spotted! This is good news if true; I've re-based many Dreamblade minis for use in my game. And if it helps keep costs down by re-using moulds, so much the better.

mmaranda

First Post
My guess is that it is unlikely we will see them as new minis but more a cost saving measure to reuse art. Dreamblade had a lot of cool art and promotional art that could be used elsewhere.

None of those minis seemed to be in the pics posted of teh WotC booth minis for the 2010 set to be released.

Remove ads