D&D 5E Drizzt Do'Urden official stats in D&D Beyond Announcement?

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
So what you guys think about Drizzt official stats (if they are official?) in the Dnd Beyond Announcement.

dz1.jpg
dz2.jpg
dz3.jpg
dz4.jpg

Drizzt Do'Urden stats: Multiclass Fighter 11 / Ranger 8

lvl 11 Fighter/ 8 Ranger

So he is now lvl 19 and no longer has the barbarian lvl to explain his days as the hunter. What you guys think?

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Well, his speed doesn't make sense based on his character description in the books. And his ability scores don't add up. Doesn't look like a real character. More just a marketing mock up.

Yah it feels a lil bit off to me. Also it doesn't take in to consideration recent developments in the books like the changes to one of his scimitars and his new "class" pursuits to not spoil much.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Stats aren't quite right everywhere. 20 Dex, but only says +4 to Dex skills in the second picture. Level 19, but mentions a +5 proficiency bonus. More than likely a mock-up.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
There have been a zillion "official" character sheets for Drizzt over the years. They do not agree with one another. Just last year, Chris Perkins played a level 16 pure-Champion Fighter Drizzt at a PAX event. It doesn't mean anything.

ccs

41st lv DM
What version of Ranger did they use for him?

Anyways, his stats in any game I run are D E A D.
He died along time ago, waaay back in 1e.

Let me tell you the true legend of Drizzt:
He approached somebody on the surface, they saw a drow & (rightfully) panic, and shot him full of arrows. Or lightning bolts. Or something.
His dying words were "But I'm a good Drow...."

Their response: "Yeah, a good & dead Drow."
Looting of the body commenced & they fled before any more Drow showed up.
No more drow ever showed up & everyone counted their blessings.

Back at the local tavern everyone got a good laugh out of the idea of a "Good Drow".
Eventually a passing bard heard the tale & was inspired to pen the epic BS presented in the novels.

jasper

Rotten DM
Eventually a passing bard heard the tale & was inspired to pen the epic BS presented in the novels. ..
Psst CCS give us the name of bard. After we dip his fingers into black pudding, he will pen no more!

Remove ads