• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Droid?

Aexalon

Explorer
But can it speak with moisture vaporators?
Vaporators? Sir, its first job was programming binary loadlifters—very similar to your vaporators in most respects.

There is now a model of Droid called the "Eris".

What kind of person names a piece of electronics you are supposed to rely upon after a goddess of chaos and disorder? I mean, really!

Why, it's a ploy to get into the Discordians good graces (and their wallets)! And dare I say, from personal experience, I think it's working ...

Scribble

First Post
There is now a model of Droid called the "Eris".

What kind of person names a piece of electronics you are supposed to rely upon after a goddess of chaos and disorder? I mean, really!

Technically it's not a model of the Droid... Two separate phones that run the same OS. (Well even more technically Droid runs Android 2.01, while Eris is like 1.5 or something.)

No idea about the name though... Maybe something to do with bringing order to your chaos filled life? More likely some dude thought it sounded cool.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I'll add that the Opera browser on android can do iplay4e.appspot.com

Scribble

First Post
With respect - the Verizon Wireless website lists it as the "Droid Eris". "Droid" is thus more than a particular model - it is now a line.

Also with respect, that's been somewhat of a complaint about the whole Droid/Android thing... (That it's too confusing.)

One is a handset made by HTC, another Motorola, both just have Droid in the name (and both use Android operating system.)

I guess one could say it's a line of Smart Phones powered by Android... But they're not really a single line of "droid" phones... Wish they hadn't made it so confusing.

What I think is funny is that they DO have to pay Lucas Arts for the right to use the term Droid... :p

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
what's it matter?

If someone writes a super cool DND app for the Droid, it'll still work on the Droid eris, and the G1, and the Mytouch3g, and the samsung moment, and the Acer A1, and the Galaxy, and the Hero, and...

So why are we fighting over which phone is a "droid"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads