• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dromus (One) OOC Thread

Kelleris

Explorer
Yaargh. Well, here we go, then, a thread to replace the cluttered and really slow planning threads. I finally decided to get on my keister and post it when it occurred to me that the lack of an OOC forum to ask questions may have contributed to the skipped day.

Anyway, here we are. I'll start:

Everyone might want to make sure they read my last post carefully, and ask questions if you have them. I tend to "hide" clues in my posts for people to piece together if they can manage it, and this is one such post. I like challenging my players to make inferences from the evidence I give about what's actually going on in a scene, and I'd like to use this as a test case to see whether or not you can spot the tidbit in question. :)

DemonWolfZero

First Post
I hate your clues Kell :p

Anyways, I just wanted to say, "SON OF A CRAP!"

Also, I'd like to properly establish exactly where Adinal is behind Narine. I didn't intend for him to be right on her heels, so he might not have even reached the door yet for all I know.

Edit: Isida: Narine can now talk with Adinal at the normal rate, only without having to make a sound. This will last for the next 70 minutes. If I am actually forced to enter combat, I might take the time to Mindlink myself to all the rest of y'all if we're all in range. Maybe we can creep them out by entering combat without making a sound except slashing, breathing and blasting, eh?

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

First Post
Here's what I get from the hint: the goo is too well spread to have been thrown by the baddies we can see, from where we can see them.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Mad Hatter said:
Here's what I get from the hint: the goo is too well spread to have been thrown by the baddies we can see, from where we can see them.

I'm not sure the baddies are what they appear. First there is the 'tangle foot' there is a reason it is kept in bags. It dries and becomes brittle when exposed to air. Then there is the fact that the 'guards' are duplicates down to there facial expressions. You think we might be dealing with an illusionist?

Mad Hatter

First Post
I would say no, we are not dealing with an illusionist. It may be hard and brittle but we heard fighting and it wasn't there when we entered. Therefore we either have an invisible person, or someone smeared the tanglefoot bag between when we entered and when the Fop showed himself. From how they present themselves I conclude that they also aren't from the Tower Sorceire and neither are they Droman guardsmen.

But you do have a point, let's see how the others weigh in. I would suggest that we try diplomacy (i.e let Adinal handle the issue) and see if a spellcaster can see invisible. Also, I can send the monkey to scout the room. If it is an illusionist, what would you suggest?

Kelleris

Explorer
Okay, here's the map. A couple of notes, though. You are all on the "landing" outside the original room at the moment. The room is suspended about 15 feet off the warehouse floor, and takes up a 15-foot by 15-foot area there. There is an additional 5-foot margin running around it, so the 16 squares in the far upper right all have a "second floor" of sorts.

Attachments

• Warehouse Map.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 71

rangerjohn

Explorer
If he is the illusionist. As for the map, the numbers, are you saying thier are that many people in those squares? Or is that you way of noting what squares they threaten? Also, where are the stairs and tangle foot?

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
The stairs (and attendant goo) are the fifth and sixth squares from the far upper right corner. The numbers represent one person, of course, or there'd be an awful lot of guys around. Each boxed-in area is one five-by-five square (and takes up 9 characters). The NPCs are arranged in a ring (and you will be too) so they can be easier to pick out from mere terrain features and so they can surround the terrain icon when they're in a square.

Remove ads