• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Druid shopping list.

psimon85

First Post
Ok boys and girls, a quick background filler.

My group are running our first 5th ed campaign. We have ran lots of 3 & 3.5 ed with a running continuation of the same campaign world, setting and follow up story lines with each concurrent campaign. This is no different except the new 5th ed ruleset and distinct lack of high magic and magic items.

That however is something we liked and thus far are enjoying the edition.

Now our DM likes to have an idea of what each character's goals, ambitions and item goals are. The other pc's have items lists that include things like epic bows, travellers cloaks and holy avengers.
Our party make up is
2 paladins, front line
1 wizard
1 ranged fighter / eldritch knight
1 druid (me)

But I'm playing a circle of the moon druid and I really cannot think what items I would actually need or want. My armour is useless in beast form if I am of any size except medium, weapons can't be used in beast form either.

So I'm wondering if I should just itemise for my elven form? So perhaps a nice magic scimitar or some dragonscale armour? My role within the party is tracker / nature guy / wild card. So I fill whatever we need at the time, front line fighter, protecting the mage or Archer, healer when we need it.

I'd be interested to see what ideas any of you people may have, or something you have had in game that was pretty darn good!

So hit me with ideas :)

Craig Bettles

First Post
Here are a few ideas:
* Animated Shield (animate the shield then go beast form)
* Bag of Holding (your party will thank you later)
* Dancing Sword (4 free bonus action attacks)
* Eyes of the Eagle (be the Perception King)
* Ioun Stones (lots of good effects)
* Pearl of Power (free spell slot of up to 3rd level)

psimon85

First Post
Here are a few ideas:
* Animated Shield (animate the shield then go beast form)
* Bag of Holding (your party will thank you later)
* Dancing Sword (4 free bonus action attacks)
* Eyes of the Eagle (be the Perception King)
* Ioun Stones (lots of good effects)
* Pearl of Power (free spell slot of up to 3rd level)
Thanks for the ideas...I had considered some of these items previously as I'm not bothered about power gaming as such and would prefer thematic items.

Already have a bag of holding and a potion bandolier, both of which are accessible to the party when I beast out. (the bandolier becomes a collar)

I like the eyes of the Eagle idea and maybe some ioun stones. The animated shield is a good idea but I don't see it working thematically with my character.

One of our paladins already has a pearl of power but they are a good idea for any spell caster.

Remove ads