Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon climbs in behind Tristan and looks around at the high quality of the materials and workmanship. "At least we don't have to worry about our employer's *ability* to pay us," he says absently.

[sblock="OOC"]CaBaNa, I think the idea of going to the docks is to see if we can find evidence of her taking a ship there. It's looking less likely that her story was straight, but heck. Reggie's paying for it, not us. :)[/sblock]

[sblock="Mini stat"]Morvannon Rinael- Level 1 Half-Elf Warlock
Passive Perception:10, Passive Insight:17, Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fortitude:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:6, Size: Medium
HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Warlock's Curse (minor)
Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)
Witchfire
Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)

Curse of the Dark Dream[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I agree RedBeardJim, but in case of her having left Daunton, as a Con would likely do, a mode of transportation to any place she may have gone should be secured. If she is on the island, a simple cancellation notice is all that would be necessary. Besides, Kamotz hates water... But that is for later.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Magnus climbed into the coach rather ungracefully, settling in next to the others with something between a grunt and a sigh.

No choice, no choice...the path will take us where we need to be. Hehehe.

The why of it...that will be more interesting than the where...

He leaned forward looking at the other passengers, eyes gleaming.

Is Miss Winthrop real...or a construct...a creation...sent to mesmerize...willing or not...

Last edited:

SeaPainter

First Post
"To the docks then..." the coachman says, before getting the horses going. It is quite a pleasant little ride, with comfortable seating and a minimum of jostling & creaking (it is indeed a fine coach).

After a short & uneventful trip, the coach comes to a stop at the Dwarf Pier Monument... not far from the harbormaster's office, and just a scenic stroll away from where one would book passage. "This is where I dropped the little lady... Good Luck!"

[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming you wanted the coach to drop you off where Gwendolyn was dropped off...

This will be the beginning of the first skill challenge:
  • Primary Skills- Streetwise, Insight, Diplomacy, Intimidate and/or Perception (others as RP deems appropriate)
  • Complexity- 12 successes before 6 failures
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]Ooh, skill challenge. Should we roll initiative, or kind of go freeform? Also, a reminder to everyone that you get a +1 to Diplomacy checks 'cause Morv's a half-elf, as long as you're within 10 squares of him.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC:]As CaBaNa pointed out. Don't forget your +1 bonus to perception within 5 squares of Mikara. I think we've got some advantages here.:)[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
The wind blowing over Kamotz during the ride has reduced the stink of death that normally emanates from him, the smell of sea covers some too. He steps down and opens the carriage door to allow the others to step out and get comfortable with their surroundings.

Which direction did the "little lady" happen to go? I'm sure you watched her to the nearest point of safety. Yes, yes, I'm sure that a finely trained driver like you would know exactly whom the innocent lass was turned over to for safekeeping, to alleviate your responsibility of her body...

[sblock=OOC] Diplomancy roll 17 for skill challenge 18 because of Morv.Roll lookup
Use passive insight for wether he is telling the truth or not i.e. not to count toward the skill challenge.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Magnus extracted himself from the coach with dwarven grace. His eyes shifted back and forth beneath heavy brows, examining the area the mysterious young woman had been dropped off at. As the shifter questioned the coachman, Magnus paced back and forth.

She was fascinating...mesmerizing...yes?

He paused for a moment, then nodded.

Yes...they would remember...

Magnus studied the buildings along the way. Who would have seen her passing at that time. Where might she have carelessly left a memory. As he contemplated the street the dwarf looked down and happened to notice a puddle being rippled by the sea breeze. He cocked his head and stared. Yes fascinating. Why was he here again?

[sblock=ooc]

Bah, crummy roll, then enworld eats my post. *gurgle*

Perception (1d20+3+1=5)

There I used up the 1, so no one else roll that, k?

[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=notes]
Ooh, skill challenge. Should we roll initiative, or kind of go freeform? Also, a reminder to everyone that you get a +1 to Diplomacy checks 'cause Morv's a half-elf, as long as you're within 10 squares of him.
As CaBaNa pointed out. Don't forget your +1 bonus to perception within 5 squares of Mikara. I think we've got some advantages here.:)

No need to roll initiative... but I do have to remember not to leave anyone out, in an effort to catch up with "O":].

With garyh on vacation, I'm sure Lord Sessadore will be more than happy to judge for a week (are you there, LS?... I know you can hear me out there... smell the bread... love the bread).

We'll assume that you're within range of M&M for the bonuses to Perception and Diplomacy... unless of course one of them actually states that they're going somewhere on their own.[/sblock]
Which direction did the "little lady" happen to go? I'm sure you watched her to the nearest point of safety. Yes, yes, I'm sure that a finely trained driver like you would know exactly whom the innocent lass was turned over to for safekeeping, to alleviate your responsibility of her body...

"Well, I didn't hang around all night to watch her... she is a grown woman after all." He stops to think before finishing his answer, "she hung out under the monument for a bit... feeding some leftover bread to the pigeons. When she ran out of bread, it looked like she went across the street and into the Harbormaster's Office. I had other places to be, so once I saw the door close... I left. Now if you don't mind I have places to be, and I'll be on my way."[sblock=OOC]As far as you can tell, he seems to be telling the truth[/sblock]

Magnus studied the buildings along the way. Who would have seen her passing at that time. Where might she have carelessly left a memory. As he contemplated the street the dwarf looked down and happened to notice a puddle being rippled by the sea breeze. He cocked his head and stared. Yes fascinating. Why was he here again?
[sblock=OOC]There's nothing I can add to improve on this...[/sblock]

[sblock=status]Successes=1
Failures=1[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Judge-o-matic]Of course I'd be happy to be your judge for the week. :)

Also, let me just say that your little parade of the clinically insane is vastly entertaining. ;) Good job with the great RPing, all of you. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads