Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)

CaBaNa

First Post
Let me make sure I've got this straight... Tristan, Morvannon, Magnus, and Mikara. Correct?
The fine coachman, who is well trained to have alleviated himself of responsibility in such a manner, has pointed us toward the Harbor Master as the last known location Gwen was in.
Unless any of you notice a more promising lead, I say we head in.
Hopefully she hasn't left the island, that would make our job easier...

Not going over the water would be a bonus as well, I'd hate to replace the bone dust again. I remember cleaning out the vile last time when it was all clumped... Water is for drinking of, not swimming in... Magnus is certainly interested in that puddle...

Magnus, MAGNUS! that is the dwarf's name isn't it? MAGNUS!! What on earth is so fascinating about the...

Kamotz looks into the puddle and has a vision, the water swirling endlessly in a spiral always down, or is it up, spiraling and spiraling...

He shakes it off a moment later, and whispers to Magnus, I see now, Magnus, is that Her, calling?

Kamotz turns to face the group as if nothing has happened and listens to what the others have to say.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara exits the carriage, with its impatient driver, and approaches the others.

"With a fortnight's lead,
a team of horses could pass
and leave no good trail."

She turns to Morvannon

"What say, star-crossed friend,
we see the harbormaster
and pick his brain clean.

At the very least,
one would hope that he would have
a well kept ledger.

I'm with the shifter,
and puddle minded wizard.
Though I sail, if need."

Mikara cracks a grin at Kamotz and walks off toward the harbormaster's office, keeping an eye out for possible trouble, and the genal attitude of the area.

[sblock=Perception Check:]Perception = 1d20+10 → [20,10] = (30)

OK! If it's there, she sees it.

Hope this makes up for Mangus' 1.[/sblock]

Last edited:

SeaPainter

First Post
Mikara turns her keen, wilderness-honed eyes to the scene around them... and finds herself doing a double take.
[sblock=OOC to Mikara]You've never been one to follow fashion... and the charcoal drawing isn't an exact rendering... but you could swear, that the woman in the counter at the Harbormaster's... that she just might be wearing the same wrap that Gwendolyn was wearing in that picture.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]Successes: 2
Failures: 1[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Morvannon, come here.
Do you see the woman there?
She's at the counter.

She wears the clothing
of the one who wears the ring.
Go use your smooth tongue."

[sblock=OOC:]By that, I mean that Morvannon should speak with her.[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]
By that, I mean that Morvannon should speak with her.
Aww.[/sblock]

Morvannon takes a quick look at the portrait. "I see." Folding the sketch quickly so that only Gwen's face shows, he approaches the young woman at the counter.

"Excuse me, miss," he says with a charming smile. "I was hoping you could help me with something. I'm looking for a friend of mine -- she was supposed to have come through here a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard from her in a while. Would you remember seeing her?" he says as he places the portrait face up on the counter.

[sblock="OOC"]Diplomacy check (+8)=11; Insight check (+7)=17 Roll lookup[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Madam, the wrap you're wearing simply brings the exuberant life in your face to blossom. Where ever did you get such a stunning piece of fashion? Lie to me and I'll make sure that life fades...

[sblock=OOC] diplomacy to assist Morvannon Success

(metagame)--one more helper and Morvannon hits the desired number.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan exits the coach with the others, and takes in the sea breeze and the people going about their business. He follows the others to the harbormaster's but allowing those with some skill in such matters to interview the woman, he lingers at the entrance and watches out over the area.

[sblock=ooc]Perception +7 (+6 +1 from Mikara)
(6) + 7 = 13[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Huh!?

Magnus looked up with a surprised look on his face as if the shifter had snuck up on him. He regarded the furred figure for a short while, eyes searching his face, before finally muttering something incomprehensible and shuffling off after the others.

Stopping short of Morvannon's inquiry, Magnus leaned heavily on his staff, watching the woman very intently from a small distance. What did she know, what did she know?

[sblock=ooc]

Insight (1d20+8=15)

[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
A little bell over the door tinkles as you enter, and the girl looks up upon hearing it. "G'day... do you have an appointment with the Harbormaster?"
"Excuse me, miss," he says with a charming smile. "I was hoping you could help me with something. I'm looking for a friend of mine -- she was supposed to have come through here a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard from her in a while. Would you remember seeing her?" he says as he places the portrait face up on the counter.
She finds herself looking from the dashing half-elf to the picture, and back... back and forth... back and forth. It seems her brain may have locked up... the little hamster was stuck on the wheel...
Madam, the wrap you're wearing simply brings the exuberant life in your face to blossom. Where ever did you get such a stunning piece of fashion? Lie to me and I'll make sure that life fades...
The shifter's words seem to get her train of thought back on line... she starts to finger the fringes on the shawl as she's looking at the picture. "Oh yeah. Isn't it divine? That woman came in here... I'm not really sure when, but she started lookin' out the window for a minute. Then she walked right up to me offering, to trade this for my raincape and bonnet. It seemed strange, wasn't raining... wasn't even cloudy... but I couldn't resist. (she does a little spin causing the fringes to flare) I've gotten so many compliments on it... course, you're the first ones to ask me about her... so, she put on the bonnet & cape, headed back out the door and turned... ummm... (she starts to tap the nail of her index finger to one of her front teeth)... ahhhh... right, I think. Anyway, I haven't seen her since."
Stopping short of Morvannon's inquiry, Magnus leaned heavily on his staff, watching the woman very intently from a small distance. What did she know, what did she know?
[sblock=Insights of Magnus & Morvannon]She seems to be telling the truth (after all, why would she lie), and it doesn't seem that she knows anything else of value.[/sblock]
Tristan exits the coach with the others, and takes in the sea breeze and the people going about their business. He follows the others to the harbormaster's but allowing those with some skill in such matters to interview the woman, he lingers at the entrance and watches out over the area.
As Tristan scans the crowd, he doesn't spot Gwendolyn in the throng and no one is paying them any undue attention.

[sblock=status]Successes: 4
Failures: 2[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Well that *is* odd. She came in here just to trade clothes with you? Not to book passage?"

Morvannon looks at his comrades. "It sounds like we have some finding ahead of us. Thank you for your time, miss."

Walking out of the harbormaster's office, Morvannon gazes to the right down the street, trying to get a sense of what lies that way.

[sblock="OOC"]Streetwise check +9 = 23.[/sblock]

Remove ads