Dumpsters & Diving: I supply the junk...

Hey there BrokeAndDrive! :)

I haven't read every word as yet, but I will when I have more time tomorrow. Skimming through it I do see some gems though - why did I never do a Uranium as a new material...DOH! The Teacup terrier made me chuckle. :D

Supernalforged Golem for the win! :cool:

With your permission (?) I may actually edit tomorrow some of the titles slightly (embolden, underline, size change etc.) just to make the whole thing a tad more navigable at a glance.

Evilmonkeygod

First Post
anything that can help make that a bit more readable would help UK. And i too found a few nice things. I am so borrowing, though altering, the Grand Creature template for starters. That divine Parallel idea was pretty awesome!

paradox42

First Post
Tip from a guy who's experienced at making long posts: try to make each post about one individual thing. Your first one, for example, could have been about the supernalforged golem (set), the second about Grand Creatures, and so on. Even if they're stored on your HD as one massive file (and several of my long posts were sliced-and-diced from larger files exactly that way, so I can relate), you can just do a quick select holding down the shift key and using arrow keys to navigate to the bottom of what you want to select, then do a quick CTRL-X to Cut from the text and CTRL-V into your ENWorld post. Easy-peasy. You don't even save over the file you loaded into the editor, the use of Cut (as opposed to CTRL-C Copy) is just to make starting a new selection a little bit easier.

But I echo the others above, there's some very cool stuff in there! Saved to my HD for later careful perusal and digestion.

Deinos

First Post
There's a LOT to read through, but I like most of what I've read. However, about Grand creatures... I don't really like the idea that ALL grand creatures have big-n-beefy human arms. (A majestic uber-eagle or -snake just seems silly with big arms sticking out from it imo) So perhaps it could have some sort of alternative ability to choose from... like the person setting up the template could either choose extra arms or two divine ability slots (or something of that sort)?

BrokeAndDrive

Banned
Banned
paradox42 said:
Tip from a guy who's experienced at making long posts: [snip]
Thanks for the tips! The reason I did it the way I did, is because I was afraid of making double-posts. But if that's not a big deal I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Deinos said:
I don't really like the idea that ALL grand creatures have big-n-beefy human arms.
I agree, it is really lame. I just wanted them to possess fine manipulation (since they're guaranteed to be hyper-intelligent at the least), and the idea of, say, a hawk holding stuff with wing feathers was too much like a Disney character. The thought of a leopard with human arms jutting from its shoulder blades made me snicker, as well. Perhaps instead, an at-will mage hand/telekinesis for such things like the Beholder monster class has? That is, if they even need to wield swords, open doors, throw rocks, and such and such.

Now I have a mental image of a leopard in a battle pose, poised to pounce, with a glowing sword floating next to him, prepared to strike the leopard's enemies the moment he begins mauling them with his hind claws and chewing their face off. :)

Remove ads