Trailer Dune: Part Two Exclusive Extended Sneak Preview (2024)

Retreater

Legend
I had just started watching Dune 1 in preparation to going to see this. After my friend's review, I think I'm going to not go see Dune 2 - or probably finish Dune 1.
It's like the Hobbit all over again - split one book into three very long movies. Except now it's "wait years between each one" so you won't remember what the heck is going on.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've watched it yesterday. It is a very good movie but I think I've liked it a little less than the first one. However, I plan to see it another time in the near future and I might re-evaluate.

I had just started watching Dune 1 in preparation to going to see this. After my friend's review, I think I'm going to not go see Dune 2 - or probably finish Dune 1.
It's like the Hobbit all over again - split one book into three very long movies. Except now it's "wait years between each one" so you won't remember what the heck is going on.
Some books, you either do a half ass attempt and the fans hate you for it, other times you you lean too much into the book and have to split it, and you get hate for it.

Then there's some books which you can't really do on any screen and shouldn't try, but you try and you get hate for it.

Ryujin

Legend
Some books, you either do a half ass attempt and the fans hate you for it, other times you you lean too much into the book and have to split it, and you get hate for it.

Then there's some books which you can't really do on any screen and shouldn't try, but you try and you get hate for it.
And in this case "Dune" is a rather expansive book, with a great deal of detail. "The Hobbit" was really more of a novella, especially by comparison, and they padded the movies' run time with a load of extra drek.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
So, is the third film still Dune or part of the next book? Either way, Dennis can make ten of these and ill see every one of them.

pukunui

Legend
It's like the Hobbit all over again - split one book into three very long movies.
“The Hobbit" was really more of a novella, especially by comparison, and they padded the movies' run time with a load of extra drek.
While I agree that some of PJ’s additions were awful (like the giant worm drills during the Battle of the Five Armies), a decent amount of it was taken from the LotR (both the main story and the appendices). I enjoyed getting to see that more fleshed out version of the Hobbit with its clearer ties to LotR.

And in this case "Dune" is a rather expansive book, with a great deal of detail.
Except they seem to have skipped a lot of that detail in favor of long awkward pauses and lengthy shots of submerged spaceships rising out of the water for no explicable reason and so on. I think the movie would’ve been better with more character development, especially between the likes of Paul and Duncan. And they never let Gurney be the minstrel he’s meant to be! Nor did they bother to explain the mentats.

So, is the third film still Dune or part of the next book? Either way, Dennis can make ten of these and I’ll see every one of them.
My understanding is that the third film would cover Dune Messiah, which has never been filmed before. I’m curious to see how they’d do it, since it turns Paul into more of an anti-hero.

So, is the third film still Dune or part of the next book? Either way, Dennis can make ten of these and I’ll see every one of them.
I believe the first book is covered by the first two films.

I agree. However they want to do it is fine with me. I trust Villeneuve, dude never misses. Especially when it comes to sci-fi

Remove ads