• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #119 .. Arrived Today!

Swiftbrook

First Post
Here the conent:

Greyhawk Map - Lower left quadrent.

From the Editor: "But I don't use published adventures!"
-"In the end, D&D is about imagination. Published adventures often serve to stroke that imagination and improve our games."

Next Month in Dungeon #120:
-Greyhawk Poster Map part 3
-The Obsidian Eye
-The Forsaken Arch
-Lost Temple of Demogorgon

Unfamiliar Ground by Christopher West - Low Level - Any Setting
-Goblins and an Imp
-1/2 page map
-11 pages

Wrath of the Abyss by Greg Vaughan - Mid-Level - Any Setting
-Third and final adventure in the Istivin: City of Shadows campaign arc
-Set in Greyhawk dispite "Any Setting" label
-3 full page maps +two 1/2 page maps + one 1/4 page map
-28 pages

Tomb of Aknar Ratalla by Jack Flynn - High Level - Any Setting
-2 full page maps + one 1/2 page map
-22 pages

The Portent

Dungeon Craft: Mastering the Game - Starting a New Campaign (part 6) Campaign Goals

Campaign Workbook: Spells for Sale

Campaign Workbook: Enemies at the Gate

Campaign Workbook: Sounds of the Underworld

Campaign Workbook: On the Wild Side

Downer: Part 20

Wil Save: Return of the Gamer (part 1)

That's a quick overview.

-Swiftbrook

Last edited:

Cthulhudrew

First Post
How's the map look? Which nations does it cover, and is it just a blown up version of the Living Greyhawk map (like they did with the large versions of the FR maps- just blew up the FRCS map), or does it go into more detail?

I'm really curious, as it won't be out in bookstores for a while, yet, methinks. (They just got #118 a week or two ago...)

Swiftbrook

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
How's the map look? Which nations does it cover, and is it just a blown up version of the Living Greyhawk map (like they did with the large versions of the FR maps- just blew up the FRCS map), or does it go into more detail?

It looks like an all new map to me. The map is lighter, more lively than the gloomy map in the Living Greyhawk Gazateer. (It's full of lite greens not the grays and browns of the LGG map. That said, much of this map is desert. The Dry Steppes cover the west 1/3, the Sea of Dust the south west 1/3. The Azure Sea is the south east 1/3 of the map. That leave Greyhawk surounds and the Nyr Dyv in the north east.

Nations: Sea Princes to Geoff to Veluna to Greyhawk.

A note on material. The paper seems IMO to be a little thinner than the map in the LGG. Except for a 1 1/2 inch border on the West side, the map extends to the edge of the paper on all other sides.

-Swiftbrook

Cold0

First Post
Swiftbrook said:
Wrath of the Abyss by Greg Vaughan - Mid-Level - Any Setting
-Third and final adventure in the Istivin: City of Shadows campaign arc
-Set in Greyhawk dispite "Any Setting" label
-3 full page maps +two 1/2 page maps + one 1/4 page map
-28 pages

Tomb of Aknar Ratalla by Jack Flynn - High Level - Any Setting
-2 full page maps + one 1/2 page map
-22 pages

Could someone give me some infos (spoiler) about these 2 adventures? I don't see this issue in Italy until the end of January... :\

Morrow

First Post
Some more detail on the adventures would be appreciated. I'm trying to decide whether or not to pick up this issue.

Note to Paizo- Sending out subscription reminders is very helpful, but only if you send them out before the subscription expires, rather than a couple weeks after. (You're all doing a great job, mostly I'm irritated that I need help at all to remember to renew on time.)

Morrow

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
braggarts. :mad: :mad: :mad:

i won't get my copy until the middle of January if i'm lucky.

diaglo " 1 issue of Dungeon on time in the last 16" Temporado

EricNoah

Adventurer
Swiftbrook said:
Unfamiliar Ground by Christopher West

That's "ENnie award winning cartographer Christopher West" according to the bio at the end of the adventure! :) It's a fun little adventure, too -- I might beef it up a bit and add it as a side trek in my AU campaign.

GlassJaw

Hero
A note on material. The paper seems IMO to be a little thinner than the map in the LGG.

I love the map but I definitely agree on the paper. You have to be VERY careful with it. It's not much better than Xmas wrapping paper. If you plan to use it with any frequency, you'll almost have to get it laminated.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads