• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon 121-Anyone else get it yet?

Khur

Sympathy for the Devil
Razz said:
I'm in interested in getting Dungeon also for its crunchy material (new feats, prestige classes, monsters, etc.)

So can anyone tell me if this Dungeon Magazine has any of those? Thanks.
Nope. For all that stuff, you want Dragon.

Banshee16

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
OK, here goes. I haven't read any of the issue yet, so this is just the contents, adventure summary, and a quick line about the articles from what I could determine from the first paragraph or two.

Dungeon Issue #121 April 2005

Special Feature:
Greyhawk Map Insert (#4 of 4): 4th and final poster map of Greyhawk. Cartography by Rob Lazzaretti, research by Eric Mona

Adventures:
Fiends Embrace by Stephen S. Greer
Ages ago, the demon prince Graz'zt fashioned a cloak, the Fiend's Embrace, from the skin of a pit fiend and offered it as a gift to his lover, the witch queen Iggwilv. Today, rumors claim it is hidden in a keep in the Cold Marshes. Will agents of a jealous demigod get to the cloak before the PCs? A Greyhawk adventure for 4th-level characters.

The Styes by Richard Pett
Once, the styes was the ocean gateway to a major city, her magnificent buildings crowning a man-made island held aloft on piers and boardwalks. Now it has grown old and diseased, a perfect haven for sadists, cultists, and hungry things that flop and writhe. A D&D adventure for 9th level characters.

Secrets of the Arch Wood by Skip Williams
A few years ago, the swords of Archendale went ahead with plans to log a section of the Arch Wood near their borders. Yet only a year later, the logging stopped abruptly. Archendale's rulers did not reveal a reason, but that reason is about to make itself known. A Forgotten Realms adventure for 13th level characters.

Articles:
Dungeoncraft: The Big Picture-Plotting the campaign (Part 1) by Monte Cook
Employers and Patrons by Alec Austin
Unsung Heroes by Russell Brown (professions to add detail to urban encounters)
One Hundren Useless Items by Richard Pett (100 items with no real use designed to perplex and trouble players)
Well Met on the Road by Russell Brown (Groups of travelers for PCs to encounter on the road)
Wil Save: @!$%#%^ You, It's Magic! by Wil Wheaton

Next Month in Dungeon: May #122

Final Resting Place by Michael Kortes
Most adventurers like to think that when their number is finally up, their colleagues will bring them home, either to be raised or at least returned to their families for a proper burial. But how far will the PCs go in order to do right by a fallen adventurer? And will they draw the line at hauling his coffin out of the underdark? A D&D adventure for 3rd level characters.

Fiendish Footprints by Tito Leati
A microscopic map etched into the surface of a tiny knag of wood puts the PCs of the trail of the Fiendish Foot, an item of vast necromantic potential. Will your heroes beat a band of hobgoblins to the Foot? And what of the object's vampiric portectors? A D&D adventure for 6th level characters.

The Root of Evil by Mike Mearls
A sickness festers in the heart of a great city-the demon tree Malgarius spreads its diseased roots through paving stones and courtyards. Only the most powerful adventurers have what it takes to enter the demon tree and return alive. A D&D adventure for 18th level characters.

Backdrop: The Ring of Storms by Keith Baker
the land of Xen'drik holds many secrets, wonders long forgotten by the children of the modern age. Cyclopean ruins recall the heyday of an empire of giants, whose savage descendants lurk in the shadows of their former glory. Xen'drik also hosts the ruins of a mysterious sect of long-lost elves called the Qabalrin, whose shattered cities lie within the mysterious Ring of Storms. An Eberron backdrop of exploration and doom straight from the setting's creator!

I have to say that I've been a longterm Dragon customer, but often found Dungeon pretty useless....but I've picked up a few issues recently, and there have been some pretty good adventures in there. I may have to start making it a more regular purchase.

One thing I miss is the Greyhawk Journal, or whatever it was called, that used to be in Dragon. I understand it's in Dungeon now, but I haven't seen it in any of the issues I've seen lately.

Banshee

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I loved this issue of Dungeon. Really good. The 2nd (mid-level) adventure is chock full of intrigue, tentacled cults, and fun investigation.

Razz

Banned
Banned
Khur said:
Nope. For all that stuff, you want Dragon.

No I get Dragon every month, but there have been some issues of Dungeon that had a few elements in them like new feats, monsters, etc. Wasn't much but they were there (I bought the Dungeon githyanki one for that purpose). I was only wondering if this magazine had anything like that.

sasnak

Explorer
Barendd Nobeard said:
Just got mine on Thursday, too.

I'm liking this speedy new delivery Paizo has accomplished!

You lucky fellows - here in the UK we are lucky if we see one issue in three regularly in the games stores.

I'm spending a small fortune ona quarterly basis in the back issues section and paying for shipping costs. Every time Paizo change their distribution we end up missing two months worth. The last issue I saw was the issue with part 2 of the greyhawk map, and reading this, this issue has part 4 of the map so that means Paizo has done for us Brits yet again ! :confused: :(

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Sasnak,

Everything should have been sorted out with the Brit subscribers by now. If you're still having problems or have missed an issue, please send an email to customer.service@paizo.com or post to our online CS forum. We'll get you squared away as soon as possible.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dragon & Dungeon

PS: Glad most people are digging the issues. Putting together these magazines is a joy (when it's not a pain in the butt).

Erik Mona said:
Putting together these magazines is a joy (when it's not a pain in the butt).

Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Well I'm the new kid, I'm just comin' up
A lot of rappers think that I can't tear it up
Well I'm 'a show 'em and ignore 'em
And when they think I ain't lookin' I floor 'em
I mean take 'em out I keep groovin'
A slick bass line keep the beat movin'
They can't take it they just fake it
They wonder how the Rob Base make it
I get ill, you know the deal
Cuz this is how the Rob Base feels
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain
Joy and pain
Like sunshine and rain...

Oops, sorry Erik. Got carried away there. :heh:

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
This seems to be a solid month all-around for Paizo. I'm happy to sat that this month's Dragon and Dungeon were enough to push me over the edge into subscriber-dom for both.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Looks like yet another good one. Not sure what I'll pick for our next module but it will probably come from one of these recent issues.

Remove ads