• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon 156 ToC

darkbard

Legend
Great cover illustration! I wonder if Ari's adventure is a conversion or an update altered to take into consideration the new rules set....

Great cover illustration! I wonder if Ari's adventure is a conversion or an update altered to take into consideration the new rules set....

Some of each. The monsters are all redone, of course, and some have been not just converted but replaced, to match 4E. But I've also made other changes to account for the new system--changes to the weather and other hazards, a few minor alterations to some of the maps to make the combat areas larger, that sort of thing.

It's still the same adventure, so there aren't too many wholesale alterations, but the conversion was executed with not just the mechanical changes, but the "style of play" changes, in mind.

darkbard

Legend
Thanks for the early info, Ari. I quite enjoyed reading the original but never got a chance to play it. Looks like that will change soon! :D

Rechan

Adventurer
It's still the same adventure, so there aren't too many wholesale alterations, but the conversion was executed with not just the mechanical changes, but the "style of play" changes, in mind.
Is it a "conversion" (i.e. "Get 3.5 copy, insert X where Y should be"), or is the entire adventure re-posted?

I ask because I didn't read the 3.5 one. :eek:

Boarstorm

First Post
Is it a "conversion" (i.e. "Get 3.5 copy, insert X where Y should be"), or is the entire adventure re-posted?

I get the impression that the entire adventure is being reposted. If I'm wrong, though, you can still download the original. It's in the archives, and only a month or three back.

While I don't want to make any firm promises, purely because things can always change during development... When I worked on it, it was to be the entire adventure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads