• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon #187 - first issue with 0 adventures?

shmoo2

First Post
February is over and the Table of Contents for issue #188 is posted.

"Beneath the Dust" the lone complete adeventure slated for issue #187 was never released.

Is this the first month Dungeon has contained zero playable adventures?

renau1g

First Post
Just wait for the compiled issue shmoo... oh wait...

Good thing "flexibility" means not producing articles... *phew* I wouldn't want the poor workers to be stressed hitting deadlines that THEY SET.

Incenjucar

Legend
They released an issue of Dungeon without an adventure? :confused:

That honestly hurts my head. They should at least be taking ancient adventures from previous editions which they still have rights to and inserting 4E rules and concepts into them instead of outright failing to produce anything.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
I've e-mailed Customer Services asking, well basically, why did they do that?

My message starts/reads-

Hi,

I'm a fanboy (although 43 years of age) of 4e, D&D GM for 30 years as of Jan 2011. I realise the above entitles me to nothing- I can always take my custom elsewhere.

Dungeon 187 contains an editorial about, well-

That's why one of our goals for 2011 is to get more diversity into Dungeon magazine's adventures. We intend to mix things up with a wider variety of levels, settings, lengths, and styles.

And contains no adventures, over here in the UK we have a thing called the Trade Description's Act, a product or service can be prosecuted for not providing content in-line with it's stated (and in some cases) expected content.

Dungeon magazine- the home of 'adventures... with a wide(r) variety of levels, settings, lengths and styles' contains no adventures- in 28 days (and however long you get to plan for the magazine to come out) you have provided... 0 adventures.

I then do a bit of whining but basically ask- why?

Whose idea was that?

I'm very polite throughout the e-mail (I promise), I'll post if I get any reply worth posting.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
They're still putting content on the calendar from Dragon 396, so you might see the cancelled item yet. Still, not cool WotC, not cool at all.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Man, I keep hoping that WoTC will wow me with content and to be honest, some of the stuff they have listed for March does sound good but the actual produced material?

Not good WoTC.

Maybe someone will bring it up to Mearls in the Rule of three eh?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Maybe there is a good opportunity for an internet version of the fan-magazine dungeons which were so good during the late 70's early 80's (Illusionists Vision, I'm looking at you!)

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Setting the Pace)

This kind of explains it actually.

No content because they didn't want it to suck. This would be perfectly fine if customers had not already paid in advance for content.

A favorite quote:

"D&D is a fundamentally creative game, requiring the players to create characters and the DM to build a setting and craft adventures. You could easily argue that a big part of playing D&D is making stuff up. Beyond the basic rules, players and DMs don’t need anything."

Well there you have it. ;)

Remove ads