Dungeon and Dragon submission guidelines are up

danzig138

Explorer
DM-Rocco said:
Nice that they don't even send you a rejection letter any more.
They never sent me a rejection letter in the first place, even though I'm pretty sure what I sent was rejected, what with the lack of being printed.

They can still go to the 666th layer of the abyss and die. I won't give in to their greed and selfishness.
Yeah! Darn their desire to make a profit! Really? Condeming them to hell, sorry, the abyss, and death? Seems extreme. Why not Limbo? Or Minnesota? Anyway, you keep on shining on you crazy diamond you.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
demiurge1138 said:
Psst... hate to burst your little hate-bubble, but that's exactly how Paizo did it for their print run of Dungeon and Dragon.

Just sayin'.

Demiurge out.
Well, Paizo might have done that, but it was not always so. You used to have to send in a whole manuscript and then they would at least give you a letter back saying no way, or let's roll.

Sure I am venting with my little hate bubble, I want a magazine that I don't have to print out myself, something other then junk mail and bills in the mail, something real, none of this digital crap. Yes, I am one of those.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
danzig138 said:
They never sent me a rejection letter in the first place, even though I'm pretty sure what I sent was rejected, what with the lack of being printed.

Yeah! Darn their desire to make a profit! Really? Condeming them to hell, sorry, the abyss, and death? Seems extreme. Why not Limbo? Or Minnesota? Anyway, you keep on shining on you crazy diamond you.
I have nothing against them turning a profit. I don't buy the 20 different source books they come out with over the year, but others do and that is fine. I think it is a waste of resources and most of them are a waste of time, but that is me. However, if ithers want to buy them, I have no problem with that. Nor do I have a problem with WOTC trying to pimp their products by flooding the market with tons of splat books that are not needed.

Now, I do have a problem with WOTC taking back the rights to the magazines, not because they are trying to turn a profit, but because they are failing to print them. I have nothing against digital material, but I don't want, nor will I buy, a digital magazine.

So, condem them for trying to make a profit? No, let them. Condem them for taking the magazines out of print? Hell yes!

They can justify it anyway they want, but it was wrong to do. If you want both, that is fine with me, but to have only digital, that is a mistake.

Stormborn

Explorer
Shade said:
Any word on the leftover Paizo queries/submissions they inherited?

That is a good question. I had sent a few queries (and had one long ago submission that I despair of ever hearing of again) just weeks before the announcement. I believe I had read in one place that someone over at WotC had inherited all of that, but my guess would be that its safer to just re-query and say "I sent these ideas to Dragon right before the announcement..." or the like.

carmachu

Explorer
DM-Rocco said:
Sure I am venting with my little hate bubble, I want a magazine that I don't have to print out myself, something other then junk mail and bills in the mail, something real, none of this digital crap. Yes, I am one of those.

You and me both. I like hard copies of items...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
DM-Rocco said:
Sure I am venting with my little hate bubble,
Don't do it in this thread, please. By doing so, you're hijacking the topic and threadcrapping all at once. It's rude.

If you wish to discuss Dragon and Dungeon leaving Paizo, there are lots of threads where you can do so without derailing the topic.

Thank you. As always, email me to discuss it.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Don't do it in this thread, please. By doing so, you're hijacking the topic and threadcrapping all at once. It's rude.

If you wish to discuss Dragon and Dungeon leaving Paizo, there are lots of threads where you can do so without derailing the topic.

Thank you. As always, email me to discuss it.
Apologies.

I really wasn't trying to hijack this thread. I mearly made a comment about WOTC's lack of a personal touch and everything going digital.

I am not blaming danzig138 or demiurge1138 for provoking the sore subject. I just got all worked up when I read their response is all.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

'nuff said.

Carry on.

Remove ads