DDAL Dungeon Craft now open for Planescape and Farun excluding the Moonshaes and Borderkingdoms.

darjr

I crit!
Dungeon Craft adventures are a way fir DMs to run their own adventure for Adventurers League and potentially publish them on the DMsGuild for others.

There are a set of rules to cresting these adventures here Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Both Planescape and the Forgotten Realms have been opened to Dungeon Craft.

Edit! I got it wrong, those two regions are OFF limits for Dungeon Craft.

From discord

The Dungeoncraft program allows you to create your own D&D Adventurers League adventures to run at your table and sell on DMsGuild.com!

Our newest Dungeoncraft Design Guide is here, effective today!

It collects all available campaign information you'll need to get started. Write adventures in the following settings: Dragonlance, Eberron, Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Ravenloft, and Spelljammer!

An update to the layout template you'll need is coming next!

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
I do not have a Discord sign in, but say the past Icewind Dale season had a download sheet where you have to use the adventure ideas "seeds" and are only allowed to make adventures with one of these ideas. I get the idea behind only some magic items being allowed to be in modules.
I guess one can do a lot with the seed to make the adventure their own. There was also a restriction on the monsters you can use as well.

Dungeon Craft adventures are a way fir DMs to run their own adventure for Adventurers League and potentially publish them on the DMsGuild for others.

There are a set of rules to cresting these adventures here Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Both Planescape and the Forgotten Realms have been opened to Dungeon Craft.

I hate using discord, it's a very annoying, unpleasant app, why wouldn't they put the link up on their blog or reddit?

darjr

I crit!
From discord

The Dungeoncraft program allows you to create your own D&D Adventurers League adventures to run at your table and sell on DMsGuild.com!

Our newest Dungeoncraft Design Guide is here, effective today!

It collects all available campaign information you'll need to get started. Write adventures in the following settings: Dragonlance, Eberron, Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Ravenloft, and Spelljammer!

An update to the layout template you'll need is coming next!

Attachments

• Dungeoncraft__CCv1.pdf
    411.4 KB · Views: 208

Quickleaf

Legend
I'm completely unfamiliar with what Dungeon Craft is. I'm guessing it's not the YouTube channel.

Is Dungeon Craft an in-house name for the Adventurer's League writing guidelines?

darjr

I crit!
I'm completely unfamiliar with what Dungeon Craft is. I'm guessing it's not the YouTube channel.

Is Dungeon Craft an in-house name for the Adventurer's League writing guidelines?
Sort of. It’s not the guidelines used by sanctioned adventurers like the ones from Baldman Games or WotC or Gameholecon or GaryCon or possibly others.

It’s a set of guidelines so DMs can run their own adventures for AL and possibly publish them if they like. Without having to go through the AL group for approval etc.

Quickleaf

Legend
Sort of. It’s not the guidelines used by sanctioned adventurers like the ones from Baldman Games or WotC or Gameholecon or GaryCon or possibly others.

It’s a set of guidelines so DMs can run their own adventures for AL and possibly publish them if they like. Without having to go through the AL group for approval etc.
Oh, interesting. I thought the whole point of AL was the oversight process ensuring adventures met their standards!

So with Dungeon Craft you could run an AL adventure for players with organized play registration numbers (I forget what it’s called), then they could “officially” incorporate whatever they get from that Dungeon Craft adventure into their “registered” character? Which if they go to a con or AL event they can benefit from?

And then there’s a segment of the Dungeon Masters Guild market that is specifically looking to play AL adventure preferentially or exclusively?

darjr

I crit!
Oh, interesting. I thought the whole point of AL was the oversight process ensuring adventures met their standards!

So with Dungeon Craft you could run an AL adventure for players with organized play registration numbers (I forget what it’s called), then they could “officially” incorporate whatever they get from that Dungeon Craft adventure into their “registered” character? Which if they go to a con or AL event they can benefit from?

And then there’s a segment of the Dungeon Masters Guild market that is specifically looking to play AL adventure preferentially or exclusively?
Yes, but your adventure has to follow the above document.

Used to be if you had an AL adventure it would sell really well. I’m not sure that’s true anymore. Good Dungrcraft ones I see pop up but there are so many that many good ones may remain hidden.

Last edited:

Remove ads