Dungeon Crawl Classics #9

goodmangames

First Post
thundershot said:
Oh, that reminds me (and I don't have the books in front of me to go over them all, sorry)... the one place in BJG... where the fiendish chuul is.. (I think it was a chuul).. I couldn't tell which way the water tunnels were supposed to lead into it.. then I realized (after reading it 12 times) that they went UNDER and the characters come out in the middle of the room.. at least that's how I played it out.. :)

At long last, here is a diagram that should hopefully clear this up. As you can see, the water level from the tunnel into the "chuul pool" remains constant, so the PCs enter BELOW the shelf. Hopefully this clears up the confusion!

DCC4chuulpool.jpg

Attachments

• chuul pool.jpg
    chuul pool.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 40

thundershot

Adventurer
Ahhhhh... I see! Thanks! I love supporting your company, since it supports me back :D

Thanks
Chris (still waiting for DCC #6 to arrive through Diamond)

JoeCrow

Explorer
Glad that helped. Sorry I couldn't work up one of those fancy 3/4 view maps, but my Freehand-fu is weak. Also, very glad you enjoyed the adventure, folks. I enjoyed working on it, and I think it's one of the best things I've done. Nice to see folks enjoying my work.

thundershot

Adventurer
Joe,

I LOVE the sense of humor in your module! The player's never see it, but when you write "talking" to the DM... it keeps the text from getting bland and repetitive. Keep up the great work!

Thanks
Chris (just noticed you did the Jewel Mage, my favorite PrC from Spells & Magic!)

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
What I want, high level adventures (for characters at least 14th level and more to cover up to 20). There is a dearth of good short high level ones.

Remove ads