Dungeon crawling with an asassin

HeavyG

First Post
Playeugaineu said:
My character is level 24 (Wizard 5, Arcane Trickster 10, Archmage 2; Assassin 7)

Wait a minute. How is that even possible ? The only base class is wizard and it's not enough to gain any of these prestige classes ?!? :confused:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
True...

but even watching someone in non-combat actions as opposed to not moving at all? You're right about being able to assassinate royalty, etc. even in non-combat situations, but time stop literally stops everything. Maybe I'm being a Dm that's very particular with details, but that's my take. Thanks for the welcome btw...

- Shadow

"We have always been here."

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Re: True...

shadowbloodmoon said:
but even watching someone in non-combat actions as opposed to not moving at all?

I would agree that Time Stop is a bit iffy, but it is an interesting way to go about it.

You can picture the scene- a fight just breaks out. The party turns to their strong fighter and find him fall over from a slit throat. An assassin that had not been there before- suddenly standing behind him.

Of course, as a dm I would never allow a pc to play an assassin in the first place. So, it is not a big concern for me.

SD

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Re: Re: Dungeon crawling with an asassin

HeavyG said:

Wait a minute. How is that even possible ? The only base class is wizard and it's not enough to gain any of these prestige classes ?!? :confused:

Now that you mention it: It ain't! In order to become arcane trickster, you need sneak attack. Not possible with 5 levels of wizard (but with wizard/assassin). In order to become assassin, you need 8 ranks in hide and move silently. Not possible with 5 levels of wizard (cause cross class skills). So they probably have some serious house rules going on.

Remove ads