• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon crawling with an asassin

HeavyG

First Post
Playeugaineu said:
My character is level 24 (Wizard 5, Arcane Trickster 10, Archmage 2; Assassin 7)

Wait a minute. How is that even possible ? The only base class is wizard and it's not enough to gain any of these prestige classes ?!? :confused:

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
True...

but even watching someone in non-combat actions as opposed to not moving at all? You're right about being able to assassinate royalty, etc. even in non-combat situations, but time stop literally stops everything. Maybe I'm being a Dm that's very particular with details, but that's my take. Thanks for the welcome btw...

- Shadow

"We have always been here."

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Re: True...

shadowbloodmoon said:
but even watching someone in non-combat actions as opposed to not moving at all?

I would agree that Time Stop is a bit iffy, but it is an interesting way to go about it.

You can picture the scene- a fight just breaks out. The party turns to their strong fighter and find him fall over from a slit throat. An assassin that had not been there before- suddenly standing behind him.

Of course, as a dm I would never allow a pc to play an assassin in the first place. So, it is not a big concern for me.

SD

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Re: Re: Dungeon crawling with an asassin

HeavyG said:

Wait a minute. How is that even possible ? The only base class is wizard and it's not enough to gain any of these prestige classes ?!? :confused:

Now that you mention it: It ain't! In order to become arcane trickster, you need sneak attack. Not possible with 5 levels of wizard (but with wizard/assassin). In order to become assassin, you need 8 ranks in hide and move silently. Not possible with 5 levels of wizard (cause cross class skills). So they probably have some serious house rules going on.

Remove ads