Level Up (A5E) Dungeon Delver's Guide Questions/Errors

Mach5RR

Explorer
OK, I'm loving a LOT of what is in here.
I'm trying to import a lot of the material into FGU for use, which also has helped me spot some concerns/errors

Labyrinth Priest Spell List has them aquiring Passwall twice. Once at level 5 and again at level 9. Since it is a 5th level spell, the 9th level acquisition is the correct one, meaning the Labyrinth Priest is short a spell at Level 5 (3rd level spell). The best replacements I can think of is Stonesense or possibly Clairvoyance.

Another concern is the Conjure Aberration spell, which has a casting time of 1 HOUR. This seems excessive, as every other conjuration takes either 1 action or 1 minute.

Mach5RR

Explorer
Okay, the Aboleth Brute variant (Aboleth Fallen Ascendant) can innately cast phantasmal force. This spell does not exist in LU, nor does it exist in the SRD, meaning it only exists in core 5e. Not really an error - but since this supposed to be primarily for LU, I expected all references would be to LU material.
I would recommend Mental Grip as a replacement, to give the the Aboleth some options, that still only target a solo creature at range (grapple vice damage)

Another concern is the Conjure Aberration spell, which has a casting time of 1 HOUR. This seems excessive, as every other conjuration takes either 1 action or 1 minute.
Conjure elemental also takes 1 hour to cast, but that's the only one in the AG. I was thinking it may be a level thing since Conjure Elemental is 5th level, but Conjure Celestial only takes 1 minute and it's 7th level. I'm also curious about this design

Mach5RR

Explorer
No, Conjure Elemental also takes 1 minute. It too has a duration of 1 hour.

Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 11.37.47 PM.png

There are only six Conjure X spells:
Conjure Animals - 1 action
Conjure Celestial - 1 minute
Conjure Elemental - 1 minute
Conjure Fey - 1 minute
Conjure Minor Elementals - 1 minute
Conjure Woodland Beings - 1 action
The four spells that take a minute to cast can also be rapid summoned. But Conjure Aberration is not eligible as Rapid Summoning only affect things with a cast time of 1 minute.

Last edited:

No, Conjure Elemental also takes 1 minute. It too has a duration of 1 hour.

View attachment 271016

There are only six Conjure X spells:
Conjure Animals - 1 action
Conjure Celestial - 1 minute
Conjure Elemental - 1 minute
Conjure Fey - 1 minute
Conjure Minor Elementals - 1 minute
Conjure Woodland Beings - 1 action
The four spells that take a minute to cast can also be rapid summoned. But Conjure Aberration is not eligible as Rapid Summoning only affect things with a cast time of 1 minute.
Apologies, I was pulling my information when replying from A5ETools which has it listed as 1 hour since I don't have my physical books on hand.

Since Errata has no information on changes I'm assuming that tools is incorrect in this them.
1672647554641.png

Quickleaf

Legend
Wait, you're able to access Dungeon Delvers Guide?

Eeek! I filled out my backer kit (just the pdf + hardcopy book, no add-ons) on January 1st, but I didn't see a download link anywhere in my email. With other RPG products that I kickstart, they usually fulfill via Drivethru, so I can just filter my mail by searching for "DrivethruRPG" and the email will show up.

How do we access our backer PDF for the guide? I'm eager to read it!

Mach5RR

Explorer
Mine was backed via Kickstarter.
On Oct 03, 2022, I received a message from Morrus on KS with a DrivethruRPG link. That's the only place I can think of to tell you to look for your dl link.

xiphumor

Legend
Wait, you're able to access Dungeon Delvers Guide?

Eeek! I filled out my backer kit (just the pdf + hardcopy book, no add-ons) on January 1st, but I didn't see a download link anywhere in my email. With other RPG products that I kickstart, they usually fulfill via Drivethru, so I can just filter my mail by searching for "DrivethruRPG" and the email will show up.

How do we access our backer PDF for the guide? I'm eager to read it!
Check your messages on Kickstarter

Remove ads