• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon mapping software

Totte

First Post
Tools

OK, I'm on Mac OS X, but I've been using OmniGraffle for building maps and adding props and details, some Dundjinni for map making and some different image editing apps for creating/cutting props and textures.

Also, I render objects in Cheetah 3D and Bryce (specially trees in Bryce).
And don't forget, the forums at dundjinni is full of user creates props, ready to be put onto your maps top make the come alive.

You can check out the battle maps I've done here: 4E Adventures

cheers,

// Totte

kitsune9

Adventurer
Anyone know of an easy hex map generator to make area maps?

I don't know if this program is easy, but you can try the hex map maker at ink well ideas (Inkwell Ideas).

You can make the retro maps that were common in the basic D&D games.

Dundjinni can create hex maps too, but I think it's strength is definitely more in square grids.

BeholderBurger

First Post
What I am after specifically is dungeon mapping software rather than land and sea cartography (although in future that may come in handy). I use my laptop for all my adventure notes and this takes up quite a bit of space so I find that my maps are ontop of and around my laptop which can be a pain. Does anybody use ProFantasy's Dungeon Designer 3? Is it an add-on to CC3 or is it a stand alone? Is it any good? I notice their bundle pack is over a hundred quid. Seems a bit steep but If there is nothing else out there of this quality I guess it may be worth it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads