D&D 5E Dungeon Master's Guild: The Long Term

CapnZapp

Legend
That really depends on what caused that apple to go bad!
If that apple went bad because of negligence on behalf of the orchard's staff, then it is likely that there will be more bad apples showing up.
This public forum is an entirely inappropriate place for you to bring up your grievances against the company behind the DMG.

Your accusations could be correct. They could also be completely baseless.

Either way, this forum thread is not a good place to discuss the matter.

Generally the DM's Guild is and will be a wonderful place for D&D content. Even if there is no basis for your treatment and that you are a completely innocent victim.

Patrick McGill

First Post
This public forum is an entirely inappropriate place for you to bring up your grievances against the company behind the DMG.

Generally the DM's Guild is and will be a wonderful place for D&D content. Even if there is no basis for your treatment and that you are a completely innocent victim.

I think a thread about the long term view of the DMs Guild is a perfect place to discuss such possible issues, myself. You don't have to believe the guy, but I can't see how it's inappropriate for him to raise an anecdotal concern.

spectacle

First Post

There's no place better. Anyone is considering spending their their time writing dmguild stuff deserves to know about this potential issue. Companies are not people, they don't have any expectation of privacy.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel

I see what you did there.

Gnarl45

First Post

Why not? It's not like the guy is being a whiny little bitch.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Why not? It's not like the guy is being a whinny little bitch.

Okay, so, having descended into poorly-spelled personal invective, can we perhaps raise the quality of discussion just a tad, please?

We expect our users to show each other respect, even if they disagree. Anyone who is not up to the challenge may quietly disengage and find something constructive to discuss in another thread.

Thanks, all.

Giant2005

First Post
I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't be honest about it. "Can you please change the title of your product?" would have done the trick without anyone's product being removed from the guild.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more to it.

Well I said I'd get back to you when I got to the bottom of it, and I finally have! Actually I got to the bottom of it a couple of days ago but I wanted to give myself some time to provide a content update along with the revelation.

The name of the book was absolutely the issue. Now after renaming it (and adding 11 more pages worth of feats and PrCs), it is back online right...HERE!

Gnarl45

First Post
Well I said I'd get back to you when I got to the bottom of it, and I finally have! Actually I got to the bottom of it a couple of days ago but I wanted to give myself some time to provide a content update along with the revelation.

The name of the book was absolutely the issue. Now after renaming it (and adding 11 more pages worth of feats and PrCs), it is back online right...HERE!

That's wonderful news! I'll go download it just in case they remove it again :p. I'll probably never use it but it got me curious (I don't normally play above level 13).

wedgeski

Adventurer
I like your marketing. :) Glad you got to the bottom of things (although honestly, a dozen people here could have told you that publishing with WotC's trade dress was asking for trouble!), and good luck.

I think it might be good to mention that the most dedicated new designers who don't have a lot of pre-established credits will probably all have to go either cheap, free, or PWYW - to invite the most feedback so that they can develop their craft. The most common feedback I received was about my layouts needing improvement.

When I put out my first pdfs, it was my first time working with an electronic author app so my layout was horrible, but I received some constructive reviews and feedback; my layout skills have been improving as a result and I've been able to learn some good things about template design. I made some updates to my earlier releases and the updates were well-received.

My next release on DMG (hopefully done within the next few days) will probably be my best looking one yet because constructive criticism helped guide me towards better familiarity with the program I'm using.

From my experience so far, communication with the audience seems key towards developing one's art when it comes to putting out RPG pdfs.

Remove ads