• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Leif

Adventurer
Swift, Halfling Thief

Swift peeks around the legs of the larger party members to get a better look at the undead before him. "Hmm," he thinks, "maybe they won't notice Little me?"

He takes a stealthy step to the left, and then another, watching to see if the undead seem to take any notice of him.

OOC: Move Silently, Hide In Shadows when not moving.

initiative (1d20=6) +3 = 9 init.

1d20+7=14 Stealth Check

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[OOC: Warren LaFrance posted Swift's characteristics on 27 July 2014. There has not been an entry for this PC in the Group's Characters thread.

Summary:

PenelBaris Swift GoldClass
N Lightfoot Halfling
Level 1
Background: Criminal

Abilities:
STR 8 (-1)
DEX 16 (+3)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 13 (+1)
WIS 10 (0)
CHA 16 (+3)

Size S
Speed 25
AC 14
Init +3
Hit Points 9
Hit Dice: 1d8

MBA (Shortsword) +5; 1d6 + 3 piercing
RBA (Shortbow) +5; 1d6 + 3 piercing

Proficiencies: Light Armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, rapiers, Shortswords, Thieves' Tools, Playing Cards, Carpenter's Tools
Saves: DEX, INT
Skills: Acrobatics +5, Deception +5, Investigation +3, Performance +5, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +7
Languages: Common, Halfling ]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=swift's future (ooc)]
I still do't know what Swift's ability scores are, so this init. is not adjusted for his dex. but presumably he gets some bonus, right?

[OOC: Warren LaFrance posted Swift's characteristics on 27 July 2014. There has not been an entry for this PC in the Group's Characters thread.

So Leif, welcome. If you're taking over Warren LaFrance's character, that's great, but (this is my opinion only, and we'd need DM approval) as far as I'm concerned, we've not interacted with this Swift in any meaningful way -- I'd suggest you should be able to make whatever character you want; I'd want a player who's excited about the game, and there are many ways that a new character could be made to fit.

In any case, welcome.
[/sblock]

Li Shenron

Legend
[Swift has +3 Dex, so Init = 9]

As soon as you start entering the room, the undead guardians activate themselves with hostility towards you, but they appear fairly slow to act. They look tough but stiff in their movements.

Round 1 - Initiative:

15 - Aeiyan
12 - Rejik
11 - Tock
9 - Swift
7 - Bartleby
3 - Undead (5+1)

Let's wait for [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] to roll initiative, then let's go!

Leif

Adventurer
OOC, Swift, Halfling Rogue

[sblock=for Kobold Stew]
I appreciate what you said about re-doing or even replacing Swift with a new character, but, honestly, I'm definitely not a stranger to taking over an existing character on ENWorld. I will make Swift my own through what he thinks, says, and does. The game stats are just a framework for the roleplaying, anyway. But I really do want to express my thanks for your reaching out and wanting to make my joining the game easy and pleasant. However, truthfully, sometimes I prefer to take over a character that's already rolled up so I don't have to deal with it. Anyway, it's all good!
[/sblock]

[sblock=for tuxgeo]
Thanks a bunch for finding and posting the stats and sheet for Swift for me! I'll take that and get an RG post up for him. DONE!! Thanks, again!
[/sblock]

OOC: I wonder if there is an error on Swift's sheet, because it lists his MBA and RBA as having the same bonus, +5, and yet his Str gives him a -1 mod, and his Dex gives him a +3 mod. Seems odd, that. Or is it perhaps because the Short Sword is a light weapon and Swift has that feat that allows dex to substitute for str with light melee weapons? I used to know what that feat was called...

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
. . .
I wonder if there is an error on Swift's sheet, because it lists his MBA and RBA as having the same bonus, +5, and yet his Str gives him a -1 mod, and his Dex gives him a +3 mod. Seems odd, that. Or is it perhaps because the Short Sword is a light weapon and Swift has that feat that allows dex to substitute for str with light melee weapons? I used to know what that feat was called...

[OOC: In 4E, the "Melee Training" feat gives the use of any other Ability instead of STR for that; but in 5E, the use of "Finesse" weapons (of which the Short Sword is one) accomplishes nearly the same thing: you get to use your choice of DEX or STR for both attack rolls and damage rolls.]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Yeah, you're right, of course, tuxgeo, I was having a brain cramp. Pretty soon I'll have to start calling those "Senior Moments!"

OOC: In 3.5/Pathfinder Dex can be used in place of Str for "light" weapons, of which short sword, dagger, and rapier are three. [Or, at least rapier shares this property, even if it isn't, strictly speaking, a light weapon.] But I didn't know that about the Melee Training feat for 4E.

OOC: So, I guess the upshot of all this is that Swift doesn't have to spend a feat to apply his Dex bonus to his short sword, right?

Last edited:

Remove ads