Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bartleby is astounded at the reluctance of his colleagues to engage with the foes that moments before they were so brave to face. He grunts his disapproval, but says nothing. Assuming he can make his way though the crowded door, he will attack the closest one that is wounded.

(1d20+5=13; damage if successful 1d6+3=6)

Leif

Adventurer
Swift, Halfling Rogue

Swift is slinking through the shadows, hoping to maneuver into position for a sneak attack.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
"Good strike, Aeiyan, now I will finish this one!" cries Tock as he rushes the large skeleton, readying his halberd for an overarm swing at his foe, using the momentum of the charge to put his weight behind it.

Bartleby is astounded at the reluctance of his colleagues to engage with the foes that moments before they were so brave to face. He grunts his disapproval, but says nothing. Assuming he can make his way though the crowded door, he will attack the closest one that is wounded.

One of Tock's strike pierces the dead flesh of the largest undead, leaving a gaping wound that would have killed most humans. Instead, it just gives you the feeling that it's going to take a lot more strikes to drop this rotten mountain.

Bartleby targets the closest undead to the door, which is one of the medium-sized ones, and significantly damages it, but not quite enough to completely destroy it.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Bartleby is astounded at the reluctance of his colleagues to engage with the foes that moments before they were so brave to face. He grunts his disapproval, but says nothing. Assuming he can make his way though the crowded door, he will attack the closest one that is wounded. . . .

Aeiyan is dismayed that his companions aren't applying positional tactics. He says, "I guess a frontal assault is as good a choice as any."

He looks toward the tactician, Rejik, for guidance.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Swift is slinking through the shadows, hoping to maneuver into position for a sneak attack.

[You can still act this round. If you want to try a sneak attack, let's say you can make a Dexterity(Stealth) check to sneak out from behind your allies and attack immediately, and if you succeed then it's a sneak attack, otherwise normal.]

Li Shenron

Legend
The three advancing undead attack your party fearlessly but unorganized...

The two human-like swing their scythes at Sulannus and Bartleby. Their wicked weapon are scary but slow, and the elven wizard barely manages to dodge the blow... not quite so the dwarf druid, whose armor fails at covering him from the swing. The scythe finds an opening in the armor and the blade cuts the flesh painfully, but still stops at a fraction of an inch from any vital spots [6 damage]

[sorry for the goofy explanation... it just means Bartleby got a critical hit, but the damage roll itself wasn't that much]

In the meantime the ogre-like undead plunges straight against Tock and swings his larger scythe powerfully... squarely hitting the warforged in the flank [9 damage].

At the same time the last three undead turn around and flee towards the corners of the room. But then a weird sound is heard, something between a muffled gong or drum beat. It comes from the giant grim statue at the edge of the room and lasts but an instant, but immediately after that, the two cowering undead straighten up, grip their scythes up, and turn back towards your party once again!

Round 2 - Initiative:

24 - Sulannus << we are here
15 - Aeiyan
12 - Rejik
11 - Tock
9 - Swift
7 - Bartleby
3 - Undead (5, two of which damaged)
3 - Giant Undead (somewhat damaged)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Swift, Halfling Rogue 1

OOC: I'll make the dex check as requested, but it occurs to me since we are battling zombies that undead are not ordinarily subject to sneak attack damage, at least in most games.

Swift does a quick gut check, decides he might as well die here, and moves to attack.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Li Shenron

Legend
OOC: I'll make the dex check as requested, but it occurs to me since we are battling zombies that undead are not ordinarily subject to sneak attack damage, at least in most games.

They are not immune in 5e, at least not last time I checked...

Furthermore, I forgot that if you attack one of the undead which is already in melee with one of your allies, you don't even need to have advantage in order to sneak attack it! So you didn't really need to roll that Dex check.

OTOH, no need to roll the additional sneak attack damage either this time - you strike the nearest one which was already heavily damaged by your allies :)

Updating with the results of Leif's "buffered" action:

Round 2 - Initiative:

24 - Sulannus << we are here
15 - Aeiyan
12 - Rejik
11 - Tock
9 - Swift
7 - Bartleby
3 - Undead (4, one of which damaged)
3 - Giant Undead (somewhat damaged)

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - How many baddies can Su get with another Burning Hands from where she is? Bearing in mind that she can freely include a party member in it if need be)

Li Shenron

Legend
(OOC - How many baddies can Su get with another Burning Hands from where she is? Bearing in mind that she can freely include a party member in it if need be)

[I think at this moment 3 undead have run off to the corners of the room, while the others are near the entrance but one of them is already dead (meaning, again). They are quite spread so let's say your best chance in this round is to catch the ogre undead + the other (already damaged) human undead.]

Remove ads