Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

wedgeski

Adventurer
"On your feet, Swift! We're not leaving anyone anywhere..."

Rejik grabs the back of Swift's tunic and hauls him upright as he pursues Bartleby.

Leif

Adventurer
Swift, Halfling Rogue

Swift smiles a peaceful smile as he is jerked upwards by Rejik. "They like me! They really like me!" thinks he.

Li Shenron

Legend
You follow the figure into the first room of the catacombs, and then you catch a better glimpse of him entering the hole where you came in (i.e. the narrow cave passages where you have fought the ghouls). It appears clearer to you now that it's an unarmed human boy and that he's trying to rush out of the catacombs through the caves, probably to make it to the outside.

He moves quite fast, and therefore you had no time to target him with spells right now - but might be possible to do so if you keep following him until he is in the larger caves nearer to the entrance.

What would you like to do:

- attack him (Produce Flame or weapon ranged attacks) as soon as you have enough room
- try to catch him or use some other idea to prevent him from running away
- just follow him stealthy and see what happens
- stop here and let it flee

(I will assume that you do your best to stay alert of dangers, should anything else spring up)

Leif

Adventurer
Swift, Halfling Rogue

Swift calls out where the boy can hear him, "I sure hope there are no ghouls left in those tunnels, because he looks like a mighty big snack!"

OOC: Hopefully, he fears the possibility of ghouls more than he does us.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Seeing it is a child, Bartleby is surprised, and ceases to prepare his spell. It is Swift's words that make him stop.
"Huh."

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Aeiyan asks the others, "Could that be a scout, sent down here from the fortress above to see what happened to the hobgoblin guards? Should we follow in order to make sure that one does go out through the main caves?"

OOC: "Have they taken the hobbits to Isengard?"

Li Shenron

Legend
Swift calls out where the boy can hear him, "I sure hope there are no ghouls left in those tunnels, because he looks like a mighty big snack!"

The kid doesn't stop at your words. To the contrary, he rushes a bit more and almost hurts himself when jumping down from the hedge of the ghoul lair into the stirges cave. You follow him but he is fast and keeps the distance from you. When you reach the hedge, he is already in the next cave (i.e. the outermost cave where you battled the hobgoblins), and you can hear him shouting "They are coming out!!".

Leif

Adventurer
Swift, Halfling Rogue

Swift immediately stops when he hears the boy's shout. "Son of a gun, that little rotter has set an ambush for us! We can't go out there now, we have to wait in here until they get bored and disperse."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: realistically, I think we would have given up the chase once he headed to the ghoul's labyrinth. Regardless...

Bartleby assesses the situation, standing as he watches the departing figure. He's not sure he understands, but he no longer cares.

"We're being set up. We can leave now, or we can press on. If we press on, we need to ensure that there is no easy means to follow us."

He looks at the first proper door, emerging from the ghoul's lair into the hallway, and wonders if it is possible to somehow block the access, or perhaps jam the lock to prevent someone coming through.

Remove ads