• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Tiles Master Set and other Essentials, I got a look

thalmin

Retired game store owner
The new lay-flat softcovers are nice, do lay flat, and are stitched, not just glue-bindings.
OOOPS. Strike that. NOT stitched. And don't lay flat, at least at first. (We just got in a preview copy of the Rules Compendium.

(I am at work right now. I will post more about the Compendium as a get the time)

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Are you 100% certain on the fact that some of the tiles are brand new?
OK, I was wrong. Sort of. I have just checked the tiles in the first Dungeon set. I think all of the images are reprints, but at least some of the tiles have different backs than originally. Not new images, but backs from different tiles. We will have to see what future sets are like.
I could still be wrong, but none of the tiles have images that strike me as new.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Yes, it it Dungeon Tiles Master Set: The Wilderness and it releases December 10 to Core stores, December 21 is the regular street date.

beldar1215

Explorer
I bought two sets of the new tiles. I was very happy with what was in the set. Even more happy that they won't go out of print. I missed these the first time around. I just started picking up the tiles about a month ago.

Beldar

jffdougan

First Post
What's the "rating" on the artwork? My almost-5-year-old loves my tiles/minis, but Caves of Carnage artwork isn'y OK for him. (I've got DU1, DU3, DU5, & DU6).

thalmin

Retired game store owner
What's the "rating" on the artwork? My almost-5-year-old loves my tiles/minis, but Caves of Carnage artwork isn'y OK for him. (I've got DU1, DU3, DU5, & DU6).
A couple of the small tiles have "bodies " that could be sleeping or prone people. Otherwise nothing gory, demonic, or scary. I posted some pictures over on this thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads