• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeoncraft and "The Scar"

Bloodsparrow

First Post
While reading through a .pdf compilation of the “Dungeoncraft” articles From Dragon Magazine, it says that the adventure used as an example (“The Scar” I believe it was called) was in Dungeon Magazine (Issue #80). Does anybody know where I can get my hands on this bad boy? (Either for free or for purchase?)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sir Whiskers

First Post
Bloodsparrow said:
While reading through a .pdf compilation of the “Dungeoncraft” articles From Dragon Magazine, it says that the adventure used as an example (“The Scar” I believe it was called) was in Dungeon Magazine (Issue #80). Does anybody know where I can get my hands on this bad boy? (Either for free or for purchase?)

Thanks.

As far as I know, WOTC has never posted this as a free download, so the only legal way to get it is to find a used copy at a FLGS or ebay. I just checked ebay and no one is currently offering that particular issue, but keep checking: it will show up.

PS - I had the best luck searching for "dungeon mag" and "dungeon magazine" using the ebay search function.

Good luck.

Bloodsparrow

First Post
Thanks to everybody who's tried to help me with it. It's very interesting... Everyplace I've visited (either in person or online) seems to have every issue BUT Dungeon #80. They tend to drop off at #79 and then pick up at #82...

Seriously seriosly odd.

tarchon

First Post
Bloodsparrow said:
Thanks to everybody who's tried to help me with it. It's very interesting... Everyplace I've visited (either in person or online) seems to have every issue BUT Dungeon #80. They tend to drop off at #79 and then pick up at #82...

Seriously seriosly odd.

80 and 81 are the two-part game designer swimsuit editions.

Dirigible

Explorer
Issues 80 and 81 were located and destroyed at source by the NSA for suspected communist sympathies.

Your query has been logged. Your identity has been ascertained.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Dirigible,

I was looking this adventure over this morning from the perspective of adapting it to Midnight. What do you think?

Bloodsparrow,

I think issue 80 was pretty popular both for the Scar adventure (a lot of people, I think, followed those Dungeoncraft articles) and also for Johnathan Richards' Challenge of Champions III, one of a very popular series.

Anyway, I have issue 80 but am missing 85. Perhaps we could do a deal....

Cheers
D

Carnifex

First Post
Damn. When I saw 'The Scar' in your title, I thought it might be a reference to the excellent book by China Mieville. Ah well :(

Delgar

First Post
Just out of curiosity, is it still possible to find the dungeoncraft articles anywhere online? I'm missing a few of the earlier issues and I'm planning on doing some campaign desinging in the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance

Delgar

Remove ads