• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons & Dragons: 2. Premiering on the Sci Fi Channel on October 8th.

Qwillion

First Post
The elemental menace is the subtitle for the european version as I understand. Italked to a friend who has a bootleg version and he gave it a fair review and he hated the original.

Wormwood

Adventurer
1. "D&D II: The Elemental Might" is the original title (and more appropriate IMHO).
2. It's better than the original (faint praise indeed)
3. The DVD is coming in November (last I heard)
4. This thread will move quickly. Hi mom!

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Qwillion said:
Dungeons & Dragons II: Wrath of the Dragon God (Premieres Oct. 8)
Five heroes undertake a quest to prevent the rise of a dragon god and an evil sorceror — who intend to subjugate the world under their reign of fire and shadow. Mark Dymond (the James Bond film Die Another Day), Bruce Payne (reprising his role as Damodar from the original Dungeons & Dragons) and Clemency Burton-Hill (the upcoming miniseries Supernova) star in this fantasy epic based on the popular role-playing game.

found here further down
http://scifi.com/onair/scifipictures/

I am just suprised this really went below my radar and I did not hear a peep about this at gencon or any place else, may be it's because things like dragonstorm and Sabertooth are not all that cool, but I did like picutures like children of dune, but of course the butchered Eathsea to death.

*Ahem* ye need to venture to the SCI Fantasy Forum section, and see that it has been posted, talked about, and seen by *ahem* by illict DL from the web. *ahem*

Last edited:

Qwillion

First Post
"*Ahem* ye need to the SCI Fantasy Forum section, and see that it has been posted, talked about, and seen by *ahem* by illict DL from the web. *ahem*"

Well I cannot read every forum lol, and apparently I was not the only one who did not know.

Dantilla

First Post
No offense, but unsure as to exactly how you missed this one. I live under a rock and I heard about it.

"Better than the original" is a good start at least. I'll probably end up seeing it no matter what reviews it ends up getting, if only out of my morbid curiosity.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Qwillion said:
Well I cannot read every forum lol, and apparently I was not the only one who did not know.
Indeed, here is a previous thread on it. Lots of spoilers there.

And here is a posting by me with tons of D&Disms I spotted in the leaked screeners copy of the movie. The leaked screeners version was still titled "The Elemental Might". Again, filled with spoilers.

And for those wondering, both "Wrath of the Dragon God" and "The Elemental Might" fit the story in their own way. "Wrath of the Dragon God" is much better though especially once you have seen it.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Qwillion said:
"*Ahem* ye need to the SCI Fantasy Forum section, and see that it has been posted, talked about, and seen by *ahem* by illict DL from the web. *ahem*"

Truly cloaked you were...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads