Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God! (Updated: Oct 09/05) Spoiler Free Thread

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
From FilmForce's website:
A Dungeons & Dragons Sequel?
Paris Hilton may star.

June 24, 2004 - The Dungeons & Dragons film may have been a colossal failure, but producer Joel Silver still sees opportunity in the fantasy-world franchise. Dark Horizons reports that a sequel is in the planning stages, and that heiress-cum-actress Paris Hilton may have a starring role.

The news was broken by Paris herself during an appearance on 710 KCMO in Kansas. Hilton has been working for Silver on her new horror film House of Wax and impressed the producer enough that he asked her to consider Dungeons & Dragons II. Justin Whalin is also likely to reprise his character from the first film.

"Sounds like fun, I'll get dirty," Paris reportedly said about the proposed sequel. No other details about the film have been released yet.

-- Paul Davidson

Paris Hilton is not in this movie! [Thank the maker!]

Last edited:

your father is

First Post
awful

^Frankly, I think it's a good fit, and just what a sequel to that awful, bad, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, craptacularly stinky, awful, awful, movie deserves.

Kai Lord

Hero
Well its official. We'll never see that D&D movie we've all been waiting for. We'll never see an epic live action film that actually brings to life elves, halflings, orcs, dwarves, rangers, battles with trolls in dungeons, badass undead riding nightmarish mounts, awesome battles and intimate drama in a fantasy setting.

Oh well. I guess such an event will just have to live on in our dreams. ;)

hierogrammate

First Post
*shakes head*

Um, doesn't Hasbro/WotC have any SAYING at all in this? Since it is their franchise, since they have MONEY invested in D&D and its image, shouldn't they want the movie to indirectly increase the exposure and profits from the game? Why on earth don't they put their collective foot down (over the producer's face, preferrably) and demand the creation of something of quality attached to the D&D brand? Or are the suits at Hasbro/WotC just as clueless and spaced out as the people involved in making the new movie? I hope not... I mean, if they get great writers to write novels of quality and depth, and let guys like Bioware create PC games of quality and depth, why can't they get it right in the film department? Why can't they get a director and producer with both feet on the ground, for crying out loud?

I'm a DM and will continue to play D&D regardless of the movie(s)... but not doing the movie the way it SHOULD be, not treating the project with the respect it deserves, feels like a terrible waste of money, to say the least...

It doesn't make any sense. *stares out into space* It...doesn't...makes... sense...

E. :)

Swoop109

First Post
Kai Lord said:
Well its official. We'll never see that D&D movie we've all been waiting for. We'll never see an epic live action film that actually brings to life elves, halflings, orcs, dwarves, rangers, battles with trolls in dungeons, badass undead riding nightmarish mounts, awesome battles and intimate drama in a fantasy setting.

Oh well. I guess such an event will just have to live on in our dreams. ;)
So, what was the LotR films all about?

feydras

First Post
I couldn't care less if Paris Hilton is in it or not. What kills me is that Justin Whalin is returning. His character was the worst thing in a horrible movie. For those who don't remember he was the stupid, bumbling side kick of the hero.

- Feydras

Dark Jezter

First Post
feydras said:
I couldn't care less if Paris Hilton is in it or not. What kills me is that Justin Whalin is returning. His character was the worst thing in a horrible movie. For those who don't remember he was the stupid, bumbling side kick of the hero.

- Feydras
I thought that the sidekick was one of the Wayans brothers.

Remove ads