• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just when I thought there might have been hope for the second D&D movie...

The following is taken from the Dark Horizons web site.

Paris the Dragon-Slayer

The hotel heiress turned megastar Paris Hilton was on radio (plugging "The Simple Life 2: Roadtrip") this morning on Kansas City talk station 710 KCMO and said she might be returning to Australia to do another film, announcing this just weeks after wrapping up a several week stint in the Dark Castle horror flick "House of Wax" currently filming in Queensland.

Apparently she's in talks for a lead role in the sequel to the abysmal 2000 film "Dungeons and Dragons". While it may have bombed, the sequel is drawing an unusually large amount of high profile attention and talent who believe that in the right hands, the property could still yield a viable film franchise.

Joel Silver is the producer on this and 'Wax', and the first 'Dungeons' star Justin Whalin is said to be on board too. Allegedly she impressed Silver enough to snag a role in this next one too, saying in her usual playful manner with the media - "Sounds like fun, I'll get dirty", alongside all the usual statements about what a great time the film should be to do.

I weep for the future.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I'm confused. In the same paragraph they are saying how in the right hands the D&D sequal could be good and that Paris Hilton will star in it. *head explodes from paradox*

Berandor

lunatic
AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!

All right, time to put my D&D knowledge into useful action. Let's plan an assault on the Silver compunds and kill the evil organization trying to bring down D&D once and for all!

(not a death threat)

Enchantress

First Post
Berandor said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!

All right, time to put my D&D knowledge into useful action. Let's plan an assault on the Silver compunds and kill the evil organization trying to bring down D&D once and for all!

(not a death threat)

Forget Silver, lets just take out Paris Hilton and do the whole world a favor. :]

(again, not a death threat)

NeoSamurai

First Post
Isn't that an Oxymoron? Dungeons and Dragons and Paris Hilton...That's just...

Maybe it'll mean more exposure of the genre/games to a wider group of talentless and ditzy hotties that are interested in going Geek.

Not sure if that's a good thing.

I must commune with the Living Force about that subject.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Paris Hilton? Bodes well for the DVD sales, I suppose. Depending on the extras included. Doesn't she have some old movie footage floating around..?

Last edited:

What, does someone know something about Paris Hilton's acting ability that I don't? I don't see why including her is automatically bad. Unless it's her starring as herself, of course... But that would be ridiculous.

Fast Learner

First Post
Perhaps if she plays some kind of monster.

Personally I find her appearance very creepy, like some kind of weird plastic alien or something.

Wombat

First Post
Given that you had some good actors in the first film, all of whom turned in abysmal performances, can this be any worse?

I doubt it.

It'll be the same bad with slightly different faces.

Enforcer

Explorer
I will also abstain from judging Ms. Hilton's acting ability until I've seen her actually act (rather than be an idiot in real life).

The idea that the property will do well in the right hands, however, is nonsense. Joel Silver was the Executive Producer on the last fiasco as well. Granted, Silver has been attached to some good movies (the original Matrix, the Lethal Weapon series, Die Hard 1), but from his list on imdb.com, they seem to be the exceptions rather than the rule.

I would say that the right director makes all the difference, but Gerry Lively's credits are mostly sequels to horror movies that were bad when they were originals.

Remove ads