• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons & Dragons 3: The Temple of Elemental Evil!?!

Pants

First Post
Henry said:
In fact, it might get only slightly less ridiculed than a movie based on the Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. :)
Well... at least they'd be able to reuse costumes from the old Lost in Space TV show. ;)

qstor

Adventurer
I guess they'd move the ToEE from Greyhawk to the invented land of the D&D movies. I agree the movie would have to be like 3 hours to to justice to the module. I hope some of the same characters from DD2 return. It would be nice to see some continuity.

Mike

MaxKaladin

First Post
I think they ought to do the last module of the slavelords series. IIRC, that's the one where everyone starts out captured and without equipment and has to escape. It's a simple plot even people who aren't familiar with the various D&D tropes can instantly understand and relate to. It can be done in two hours. It doesn't require much beyond the dungeon itself for sets. Costumes and props ought to be pretty simple. That leaves more of your budget for special effects for spells and one or two special monsters.

Seems like a good idea to me, anyway.

If they do ToEE, I think they should just do the Village and the moathouse and keep the rest for sequels, though I suspect they'll condense things so that the temple is in the moathouse.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
MaxKaladin said:
I think they ought to do the last module of the slavelords series. IIRC, that's the one where everyone starts out captured and without equipment and has to escape. It's a simple plot even people who aren't familiar with the various D&D tropes can instantly understand and relate to. It can be done in two hours. It doesn't require much beyond the dungeon itself for sets. Costumes and props ought to be pretty simple. That leaves more of your budget for special effects for spells and one or two special monsters.

Seems like a good idea to me, anyway.

If they do ToEE, I think they should just do the Village and the moathouse and keep the rest for sequels, though I suspect they'll condense things so that the temple is in the moathouse.

*shakes head and hold back the tears of agony*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads